• [6.10-RC5] Can't spin-up/-down disks if parity check is paused

hawihoney
    • Minor

I'm not quiet sure if this is working as designed. Please have a look at that screenshot:

image.thumb.png.0930fa65eae0be548291ec3bd253e4c3.png

I just paused a running parity-check (no parity rebuild). I want to resume that parity check tomorrow. The Spin Up and Spin Down buttons are not available at that state. I think that is wrong. Why not spin-down disks when a parity check is paused?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just a small point you can still spin down individual disks by clicking on the spindown option there even though the global option is not enabled.

I assume that what you are seeing is because an assumption was made that it does not normally make sense to spin down the disks in the middle of a parity check :( 

• Thanks 1

@itimpi I know that. The disks did spin down after the set spin down delay.

To answer the "doesn't make sense": I don't know where you live but I live in Germany and my power company increased their prize by 100% (EUR 0,49 / kwh) because of the current situation in Europe. I will run parity checks only when my solar roof produces enough power during the day. I doesn't make sense to me to run parity checks when I have to buy.

So please expect my feature request in a day about how to start/stop/pause/resume/query parity checks from within user scripts via URL 😉

2 minutes ago, hawihoney said:

So please expect my feature request in a day about how to start/stop/pause/resume/query parity checks from within user scripts via UR

Are you trying to do something that is not already supported by the Parity Check Tuning plugin?   If so please describe exactly what it is so I can decide if it is a feature that is worth adding.

14 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Are you trying to do something that is not already supported by the Parity Check Tuning plugin?

I don't want to put to much text here in the Bug Report section. I did create a post in the General Support forum. Would be happy if you'd follow me over: