• 6.10 rc6 & 7 Sleep Mode issue

Badboy
    • Minor

Hi, 

I have been using sleep mode for about 7 or 8 months. I let it go into sleep mode, then I hit the power button in the morning. Could never get it to wake on its own, no big deal. Once I did the upgrade to 6.10 RC 5 and beyond I have no connection once I power up in the morning. It's basically dropping the internet, forced to do a hard power off. I have disabled sleep mode and have had no issues since. Any one else having issues with sleep mode? I'm assuming this is something that will eventually fix itself with updates. 

Thanks.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Oh yes.

Very similar issues. Thought it was just me and continuinually fiddling with hardware that broke it. I was finding the server wakes up from a wake packet, but I couldn't get it to work. Having a keyboard attached and manually logging in and doing a reboot, gave a clean reboot. But I had to do that blind as my screen freezes on the login prompt (even before sleep) - presumably due to having intel_gpu_top plugin installed.

I've set it to shutdown instead of sleep  - takes longer to "wake up" but is more reliable. Would be nice if we could force the networking to restart on waking.

Yes I have similar experience with 6.10.
    Sometimes I can not connect to the server after waking up.
    Then I have to either connect a keyboard or press the reset button.
    Previously I had 6.8.3 and everything ran without problems.

I've not had any issues with sleep (just tested again on rc7), but I use WOL to bring the server back up and not the actual power button.

Edited by tjb_altf4

Thanks for the feedback guys, good to know I'm not the only one. I have not used sleep in the last few days. No disconnect issues. Pretty confident something needs an update. This is the risks we take to get better. I'm sure this will get worked out shortly.