• 6.10.0-rc2 cache drives merged into 1

jvlarc
    • Closed

Hi guys, just installed a new 128gb nvme drive to be used for VM into my unraid server, however on auto startup,

Something seems to have merged my 2 existing 500GB Cache drive into a 960GB pool and is currently running a BTRFS Balance.

Looking at the disk log, it shows devid 2 is missing.

Was asking on Discord and was advised that I should post it here as it may be a possible bug. Will be trying to restart the system shortly after the balance is completed.

Attached is my diagnostic file.

Have currently changed my shares to 'Yes' to slowly move them off the cache drives first before switching to 'No' and reboot. I do have CA Backup/Restore running but just to be safe

Cache Drive.png

tower-diagnostics-20220131-1236.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Update -  the entire array hang after awhile and I just hard restart the server and seems to ask me to rebalance the pools first.

ran this command

btrfs fi df /mnt/cache

Data, RAID1: total=15.00GiB, used=10.97GiB
    Data, single: total=311.00GiB, used=233.32GiB
    System, RAID1: total=32.00MiB, used=0.00B
    System, single: total=32.00MiB, used=80.00KiB
    Metadata, RAID1: total=1.00GiB, used=131.83MiB
    Metadata, single: total=3.00GiB, used=491.55MiB
    GlobalReserve, single: total=288.73MiB, used=16.00KiB
    WARNING: Multiple block group profiles detected, see 'man btrfs(5)'.
    WARNING:   Data: single, raid1
    WARNING:   Metadata: single, raid1
    WARNING:   System: single, raid1

cache error.PNG

Edited by jvlarc

Looks unrelated to the new device, what happened to the other cache device? Balance is because there's a missing device and the log you posted ends during the balance without any errors for that that I can see, though btrfs is detecting corruption on multiple filesystems, so you likely have some hardware issue like bad RAM, and if the balance crashed after it's possibly because of that, start by running memtest.

Hi JorgeB,

Just took the other cache drive out of the system and plugged into my pc, I guess the SSD died as it's not being detected anymore on my system. Can I check how to tell the errors from the btrfs corruption? 

Anyway I've managed to restore the appdata and everything seems to be back up running normally again. I shall run a memtest within the next few days... really hoping I do not have bad ram again as it was a few months ago and replaced it 

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.