• [6.10.0-rc2] Make UEFI boot enable by default

JorgeB
    • Minor

There was a discussion about this a few years ago, but it was never changed, and IMHO it's more than time for that, it's a constant support issue, UEFI should be enable by default both in the download/ZIP and when using the USB tool, it won't affect legacy boot, concern at the time were buggy UEFI BIOS but this should no longer be an issue.

• Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had a hard time getting VMs with a GPU passed through past a black screen when using UEFI boot for some reason. GPUs used where a rx 580, GT 1030 and RTX 2070. Its the one reason i never tried UEFI again. Just my personal experience. 

21 minutes ago, david279 said:

I had a hard time getting VMs with a GPU passed through past a black screen when using UEFI boot for some reason.

Like mentioned having UEFI boot enable by default won't change anything for anyone booting legacy, if a new user boots with UEFI and then has trouble with VMs or any other issue he can try legacy boot, at least it's easier to get Unraid running for users with new hardware that now almost always comes with legacy boot disable.