• [6.10.0-rc2] - Vive Wireless PCIe WiGig card causes BSOD in Win10 VM

not_important

The BSOD error is:  DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (iwigig.sys)

Issue happens also in rc1 but in 6.9.2 it's fine.

I suppose this might be related to the newer versions of libvirt and qemu but I'm no expert.

I've compared the Win10 VM XML from both versions and it is also available here (left side is 6.9.2 and right side is rc2):  https://www.diffchecker.com/2rxcC8ZP

You will see there is hardly any difference at all (same machine was used etc.).

In addition to this problem I might add 2 more minors ones that I've noticed:
    - in 6.9.2 the VM manager paths started with /mnt/disk1 but in rc1/rc2 those no longer exist and have to be updated to /mnt/user manually as otherwise it caused an issue for the VM "service" to start
    - in both rc1 and rc2 it is no longer possible to browse folders under the field "Graphics ROM BIOS" which is shown under the Add VM view (Win10) so the path needs to be added manually

Thanks

tower-diagnostics-20211103-1850.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I am also getting this BSOD on login screen on Win 11 when trying to pass through my Vive Wireless card on 6.10.2. Same setup worked fine on 6.9.2. 

Any luck resolving this issue?

7 hours ago, Allyctric said:

Any luck resolving this issue?

Still no solution I'm afraid other than the unraid version downgrade as you mentioned.