• [6.10.0-rc5] File Permission problems

Viperkc
    • Solved Minor

Hello All,

I have been running RC1 for sometime now and versions prior to it.  Having an issue when upgrading to any RC higher than RC1 including RC5.

I have Sonarr and Radarr dockers and do use Rclone/MergerFS to store files on GDrive.   Everything has worked perfectly for 2+ years.  But when I try to upgrade to anything above RC1 Sonarr and Radarr get permission denied errors when moving the files to the proper place.  I have checked permissions and played with settings inside the dockers to no avail.  If manually create the folders the ARRs will move the files perfectly.

As I have upgrade to each RC release after 1 and up to 5 I see this issue.  When I downgrade back to RC1 then all is working perfectly.  

So I guess my questions is, did something change regarding permissions from RC1 to RC2-5?

If logs are needed I can upgrade to RC5 and get logs for a deeper dive.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, Viperkc said:

this was the fix for me, now I am on RC6 and no issues at all.

can you please confirm where you added the commands to in your script?? Are you @DZMMscript to mount? Dzmm may need to update his script as im getting these exact errors. im testing adding the GUID and UID to the extra commands section of his rclone script now

I added to the rclone mount:

rclone mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 720h --log-level INFO --poll-interval 15s --cache-dir=/mnt/ssd/RcloneCache/Tdrive_Media --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 500G --vfs-cache-max-age 336h --uid 99 --gid 99 tdrive1_archive_crypt: /mnt/user/mount_rclone/Tdrive_Media &

Working perfectly by just adding those two things.  Hope that helps you also.

Edited by Viperkc
    8 minutes ago, Viperkc said:

I added to the rclone mount:

rclone mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 720h --log-level INFO --poll-interval 15s --cache-dir=/mnt/ssd/RcloneCache/Tdrive_Media --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 500G --vfs-cache-max-age 336h --uid 99 --gid 99 tdrive1_archive_crypt: /mnt/user/mount_rclone/Tdrive_Media &

Working perfectly by just adding those two things.  Hope that helps you also.

ok im testing it now

This hasn't worked for me on 6.10.2 full release. I managed to set the user and group successfully (uid 99 / gid 100) but all this stuff was fine before I updated to 6.10.2. I even tried adding:

--dir-perms 0777

--file-perms 0666

which are the defaults because my dir permissions are:

drwxr-xr-x

and I obviously want:

drwxrwxrwx

I am starting to get quite disillusioned at the quality of the testing from limetech that things like this slip through and don't get fixed even when brought up in RC phase.