• 6.10rc1 - hard lockup after 11 minutes uptime

nickp85
    • Solved Urgent

11 minutes uptime after update, got my VM started on Q35-6.0 and everything looked good but system hard locked up. Fell off network, no SSH, nothing, just total lockup.

Had to force reboot with power button and attached are diagnostics

After reboot, VM tab had disabled itself, was off in the settings. I turned it back on and was able to start my Windows 10 VM again. I have an nvidia 1080 Ti passed to it which I noticed it had to reload the video driver after changing the VM to Q35-6.0.

I'll leave it as minor for now but if I lock up again or repeatedly it'll definitely become higher priority.

Update: Increasing the priority as I hard locked again within 5 minutes of starting my VM

Update 2: Server hard locks within 5 mins of VM running. I even tried to change it back to Q35-5.x and no luck. I'm going to downgrade back to 6.9 until the devs can figure this out. It's definitely something with the VM.

Update 3: Downgrade stopped the lockups. Attaching my VM config if it is helpful to look why it causes a system crash.

nicknas2-diagnostics-20210814-1812.zip

VM-Win10.txt

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Stop the VM and try changing the Network type from virtio to virtio-net

It was already set that way, just double checked the XML I uploaded

Having the exact same issue on 6.10 rc1 and Q35 6.0, passing through Intel UHD 630, using intel-gvt plugin.  Lasts days sometimes, or locks up twice in 20 minutes just random.  Have tried disabling vm manager and re-enabling.  Still can't start vm, until reboot, at which point on the console it says "rebooting" but never does, have to hard power off and back on, which triggers a parity check.  Happened twice this evening.  Diagnostics also attached.  The diagnostics are before trying to reboot, seems to hang the web interface as well, can't get it back until hard power off/on.  Also don't know if this helps for troubleshooting but when the vm locks up and becomes unresponsive, two of the 4 cpu cores that were pinned for this vm sit at a constant 100% utilization.

dserver-diagnostics-20210919-1743.zip

Edited by thedman