• 6.11.0-rc4 breaks object detection in Frigate

jakeshake
    • Closed Minor

Updated to 6.11.0-rc4 and discovered object detection in Frigate wasn't functioning properly. Was not able to pin point issue through logs but downgraded to rc3 and it works as intended. Will try rc4 again and see if I can find issue in logs and report back.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Attempted a fresh install of Unraid 6.11.0-rc4 along with a fresh install of the container Frigate and the VM HomeAssistant (utilizing the Frigate proxy) and the same results- object detection not working as intended. I cannot pinpoint it through the Frigate logs so it may be a communication issue beyond Frigate, maybe into the VM HomeAssistant, (although all other functions in HA are working just fine, MQTT etc.) Sadly nothing suspicious in the logs of either. :( Slap this together on rc3 and it works just fine.

For context here is the hardware/software and setup:

Intel 12700 cpu

Unraid 6.11.0-rc4

HomeAssistant VM running Frigate proxy

Frigate container running in docker

Next I'll run this setup on older hardware with the new 6.11.0-rc4 and see if I can reproduce the results and report back.

Haven't had much time to diagnose but seeing that RC5 is out now I can confirm there is an issue between HomeAssistant (VM) and the upgrade to Unraid from RC4 and up. This affects sensors beyond Frigate.

I will keep digging and post resolutions when able to.

• Thanks 1

Fresh install Home Assistant VM fixes sensor issues on RC5. Probably my error- closing this. Thank you for a wonderful product, Unraid team.