• 6.11.0 RC4 - Windows Explorer freezes when browsing shares

engardeknave
    • Minor

I briefly installed 6.11.0 RC4. Everything seemed ok at first. Then I attempted to browse shares from a Windows machine. Explorer froze whenever I tried to open a file, and sometimes when I opened folders as well. These Explorer windows would unfreeze after about five minutes, but no file could be successfully opened.

The only troubleshooting I did was rebooting the Windows machine, which didn't solve the problem. I downgraded unRAID to 6.10.3 and the issue went away. Diagnostics is from 6.10.3.

unraid-diagnostics-20220825-1824.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 hours ago, limetech said:

How large is the directory containing file to open?

One place where it froze contained 42 folders and files total. The freezing didn't seem contingent on the contents of the folder. It randomly froze while being very slow no matter what I did.

However, I did not notice any slow down for non-file sharing applications. My two VMs seemed to be working fine. One of those is pfSense, which is routing my whole network. The other is Home Assistant. That said, I didn't specifically test these things.

Next time you try a 6.11 and see this issue, please post diags, might shed some light.  FWIW I see no such slowdown.