• 6.12 Dashboard formatting and buggy UI

FlippinTurt
    • Closed

First issue;
    Dashboard looks a bit buggy, in that the formatting doesn't look quite right in terms of spacing, and seems to have gaps where there shouldn't be gapsimage.thumb.png.a4934c3dd92410d13568ca17c3e93d3e.png

Using a standard screen so it's not like it's stretched, upgraded from 6.11.5, second photo shows it looks like it's overlaying oddly?

image.png
    Secondly, when trying to start a stopped docker or VM, the start button doesn't work - as if it hasn't been clicked (Doesn't close the menu or anything) I can start dockers & vm's manually, and can use the open web UI buttons fine, and can stop it, but just trying to start them doesn't work. I have tried this on different browsers and it results in the same issue

minerva-diagnostics-20230317-1320.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Seen the same with the UI, I'm fairly certain the cause is 3rd party plugins that need to be updated, in this case the plex streams plugin.

Plex streams has not been update to support the 6.12 dashboard requirements. Plugins that have issues are normally justified to the right. Not left. If you uninstall it the dashboard will be correct,

During RC stages, I cut the various developers of plugins some slack and don't mark them as being incompatible, as by and large they are all users like yourself and may not be willing to have updated to the Beta versions in order to have everything ready for when RC stage dropped.  As we get closer to stable releases, the plugins will be gradually be marked as being incompatible if nothing has progressed on fixing the issue with the new dashboard.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Dashboard looks a bit buggy,

Your are running a ton of plugins. Please test in safe mode, GUI issues are very likely caused by one or more of your plugins.

24 minutes ago, uraid said:

The start button of the dockers doesn't work for me as well.

Please test your system in safe mode (no plugins running).

10 hours ago, bonienl said:

Please test your system in safe mode (no plugins running).

My system is a fresh install so I had few plugins.

Suspected the 'Docker Folder' and after removing it the start button started working again!

@FlippinTurt

I updated to 6.12 rc2 and I see a blank screen when I go to dashboard tab. Is this a bug or am I missing something?90389662_Screenshot2023-03-19at7_40_38pm.thumb.png.38052e364a458ce4a034af28d9733511.png

25 minutes ago, Xxharry said:

I updated to 6.12 rc2 and I see a blank screen when I go to dashboard tab. Is this a bug or am I missing something?90389662_Screenshot2023-03-19at7_40_38pm.thumb.png.38052e364a458ce4a034af28d9733511.png

There are some plugins breaking the dashboard,  as post buy Squid in the release notes.

Any plugin which has been hacking its way into the dashboard has now been marked as being incompatible.

These plugins:  GPU Stats, Corsair Power Supply, Disk Location and Plex Streams now actually crash the dashboard and it is highly recommended to uninstall them.  They will not be available again via Apps until such time as the respective authors update their plugins to be compatible and notify me of this

My original issue was resolved, it appears both were caused from plugins...
    Thanks for the help all, I will close this off now :)

Low prioriy, but just adding that the UI looks bugged for the tab bar at the top on Firefox at actual size zoom.

When zoomed-in one step, it looks OK.

I refuse to use Chrome due to Google.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 185200.png