• [6.5.1-rc5] Unable to add docker from existing template.

bcjenkins
    • 6.5.1-rc6 Solved Minor

When attempting to add a container in docker, the following errors appear in the JS console in Firefox

The connection to https://unraidServer/sub/var was interrupted while the page was loading.
    dynamix.js:34:10380
    TypeError: container is null[Learn More]
    AddContainer:424:22
    makeAllocations
    https://unraidServer/Docker/AddContainer:424:22
    <anonymous>
    https://unraidServer/Docker/AddContainer:1247:34
    i
    https://unraidServer/webGui/javascript/dynamix.js:4:27146
    fireWith
    https://unraidServer/webGui/javascript/dynamix.js:4:27914
    ready
    https://unraidServer/webGui/javascript/dynamix.js:4:29705
    J
    https:///webGui/javascript/dynamix.js:4:29890

Upon clicking on the lick to add the container, I get a white screen with nothing being done. 

screenshot.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Would probably be good to post your diagnostics when this happens and also the xml template you're attempting to add (/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/)

15 hours ago, Squid said:

Would probably be good to post your diagnostics

Epecially when reporting something in prerelease support.

8 hours ago, Squid said:

Nothing particularly jumps out in the syslog.  But, word to the wise.  You're better off installing Community Applications (https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/38582-plug-in-community-applications/) and installing the apps via it.  The repository system has always been a hair finicky regarding spacing, EOLs, etc.  CA save you from all of that (and is the defacto way to install any docker or plugin application to your server)

Is Community Applications supported by Lime-Tech? Preference is to keep system at point of support which is not confused between community support and official support.

@dlandon Thanks for additional tests. 

I reverted back to 6.5.0 and did some docker testing yesterday and CA did not have the error when adding a docker.  Maybe something changed in 6.5.1 that confuses CA.

47 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I reverted back to 6.5.0 and did some docker testing yesterday and CA did not have the error when adding a docker.  Maybe something changed in 6.5.1 that confuses CA.

If you want to be super technical, the only version of unRaid that I actually ever test CA against is the latest rc.  And I am unable to replicate any issues with csrf and CA.  

21 minutes ago, Squid said:

If you want to be super technical, the only version of unRaid that I actually ever test CA against is the latest rc.  And I am unable to replicate any issues with csrf and CA.  

What would you suggest I do to get to the bottom of this issue?  Other people have it also.

EDIT: on this test system I don't have any dockers installed.  Would that make a difference?

Edited by dlandon
    1 hour ago, bcjenkins said:

Is Community Applications supported by Lime-Tech? Preference is to keep system at point of support which is not confused between community support and official support.

@dlandon Thanks for additional tests. 

None of the plugins or dockers are supported by Lime-Tech. If all you want is a basic NAS then go ahead and get rid of all the community stuff.

Just now, trurl said:

None of the plugins or dockers are supported by Lime-Tech. If all you want is a basic NAS then go ahead and get rid of all the community stuff.

Lime-Tech provides docker support in the application which is why I selected them and paid for my license. Installing a docker seems to be a core feature and Lime-Tech's own templates, PlexMediaServer and Sync do not work either. 

Can we get to the point where we are working on a fix? What else can be provided as information? 

After some additional testing, the issue of re-installing a template and adding a new docker from CA occurs when there are no dockers installed.  When at least one docker is installed, both operations work properly.

1 minute ago, dlandon said:

After some additional testing, the issue of re-installing a template and adding a new docker from CA occurs when there are no dockers installed.  When at least one docker is installed, both operations work properly.

I do not have any dockers installed. I had deleted my docker.img file to reset. 

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Trying to add the my-ownCloud template results in an blank page and an error in the log.  The list of templates also showed the template as 'ownCloud' and not 'my-ownCloud'.

25 minutes ago, dlandon said:

So can you just select a template from my-templates to get your first docker installed, or is that what the problem is ultimately and so CA can't do it either.

45 minutes ago, dlandon said:

EDIT: on this test system I don't have any dockers installed.  Would that make a difference?

As far as CA is concerned, no.  It's very strange from my point of view.  Installing a container is a simple href to an address.  No different than bookmarking a page on unRaid's GUI.

I'll try later on with no containers installed.

18 minutes ago, trurl said:

So can you just select a template from my-templates to get your first docker installed, or is that what the problem is ultimately and so CA can't do it either.

Unless at least one docker is already installed, no go either way.

23 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Unless at least one docker is already installed, no go either way.

So I'm wondering if some bug in the rc is making it so you can't select a template and the problem with CA is just another manifestation of that.

9 minutes ago, trurl said:

d the problem with CA is just another manifestation of that.

It isn't CA.  The link to add a container doesn't change if there's 0 containers installed or 100.

3 hours ago, trurl said:

Sounds like a classic case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Not quite sure how to take that comment....