• [6.6.0-rc1] not loading k10temp for ryzen system temperatures

Zylan
    • Retest Minor

The System Temperatures plugin has never worked on my machine previously, as I understand the Ryzen sensors weren't supported until the 4.15 kernel, however running 6.6 I have heard this is working for other people, yet my machine still doesn't detect this properly.

Am I missing something obvious here?

unraid-diagnostics-20180906-0949.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Ok, so I didn't realise I could type in that field. it87 has given me the motherboard, but no CPU temps.

I've found nct6775 seems to resolve most the values. The CPU temp is reading crazy high (130 deg celsius), so there might be an offset needed for that one? Is it even possible to apply an offset to these values?

It doesn't work on my threadripper properly as well but its not implemented. The ironic thing is it DID work on the previous release if I simply ran the modprobe it87 force_id=0x8728 command. I would get proper temps for my mobo/cpu. I honestly want something like hardware monitor for linux as I need to see VRM temps and core temps for individual dies as I have a water pumping system.

6 hours ago, Jerky_san said:

It doesn't work on my threadripper properly as well but its not implemented. The ironic thing is it DID work on the previous release if I simply ran the modprobe it87 force_id=0x8728 command. I would get proper temps for my mobo/cpu. I honestly want something like hardware monitor for linux as I need to see VRM temps and core temps for individual dies as I have a water pumping system.

Honestly we don't know what to do about this.  In our 6.6.0-rc1 release notes you will notice:

- it87: version 20180709 *groeck* Linux Driver for ITE LPC chips (https://github.com/groeck/it87)

We received a number of support emails from folks asking us to try this driver.  However, the maintainer of that driver, github user 'groeck' (who is also the upstream linux maintainer for the hwmon subsystem), announced a while back that he is no longer supporting that out-of-tree driver, and in fact, that page referenced above is gone.

This means, moving forward, if there are bugs in that driver or features required or won't compile with a new kernel, it won't be possible for us to maintain it, we just don't have the hardware and manpower.

Therefore, in the 6.6.0-rc2 release, besides moving to 4.18 kernel, we are going to revert back to the in-tree it87 driver.

4 minutes ago, limetech said:

Honestly we don't know what to do about this.  In our 6.6.0-rc1 release notes you will notice:

- it87: version 20180709 *groeck* Linux Driver for ITE LPC chips (https://github.com/groeck/it87)

We received a number of support emails from folks asking us to try this driver.  However, the maintainer of that driver, github user 'groeck' (who is also the upstream linux maintainer for the hwmon subsystem), announced a while back that he is no longer supporting that out-of-tree driver, and in fact, that page referenced above is gone.

This means, moving forward, if there are bugs in that driver or features required or won't compile with a new kernel, it won't be possible for us to maintain it, we just don't have the hardware and manpower.

Therefore, in the 6.6.0-rc2 release, besides moving to 4.18 kernel, we are going to revert back to the in-tree it87 driver.

Thank you very much for responding. I wish Open hardware monitor was still actively maintained. It's very surprising to me that there is such great tools for Windows like hardware info and such but nothing like it for linux. I know people have complained that the board manufactures need to be more open but its obvious that Hardware Info has got the information required. Wish they'd compile for linux.

• Like 1
    11 hours ago, limetech said:

Changed Status to Retest

So going to the in tree one shows a lot more stuff though it would seem on the 2990wx there maybe to many temps to read or something but at least I can see each die temp separately now. Any comment on the AMD-UPROF stuff?

https://developer.amd.com/amd-uprof/

Hi there - is there an update on this issue? I'm running a Ryzen 7 3700x on an Tuf Gaming X570-Plus mobo. The only drivers available are the k10temp nct6775, which upon loading, gives me blank sensor temperatures for all fields.

Edited by vvolfpack
    • Like 1

I have the same setup and the only drivers available are "k10temp nct6775" and blank sensor temperatures for all fields.