• [6.60 rc2] - php errors in CPU Pinning

dlandon
    • Retest Minor

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

58 minutes ago, Squid said:

Already a PR in place for this  https://github.com/limetech/webgui/pull/381

The page still works (with the errors).  The errors are from not already having any isolated CPUs in the first place.

I didn't test with error debugging enabled.  @dlandon good thinking to make this visible eventhough as @Squid mentioned, it is working properly.

Edited by bonienl
    12 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I didn't test with error debugging enabled.

That warning from FCP is meant for non-developers :) 

I run both my servers with php warnings on so I can look for these warnings in my plugins.  Never thought I'd catch one from @bonienl.

Like you said, not an error, but a php warning that doesn't affect operation.  Just looks messy.

Shouldn't the CPU pinnings be applied to the 'unRAID OS' and 'unRAID OS GUI Mode' entries in the syslinux?

28 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Shouldn't the CPU pinnings be applied to the 'unRAID OS' and 'unRAID OS GUI Mode' entries in the syslinux?

I thought the same thing at first, and decided that *maybe* the user could want different isolated CPUs depending upon how they boot.  That, and generally once you decided on a boot mode you're pretty much never going to switch.

CPU isolation, but also VM "PCIe ACS override" and "VFIO allow unsafe interrupt" settings are only applied to the current selected startup mode. This allows for different settings in each startup mode (if needed), but as @Squid says usually people set the startup mode once and never change it.

A protection is built-in which doesn't allow to use or change these settings when the system starts in safe mode. The thinking here is that safe mode must stay 'plain' to ensure that a base setup can work as intended.