• 6.7.0-rc1 Bridged network broken after install

Taige
    • Solved Urgent

My adapter is br0.  I was running 6.6.0, I believe.  After updating to 6.7.0-rc1, I could no longer reach the web interface.  I logged into the console and run I run ifconfig, I see that my br0 interface has a 169.x.x.x IP address.  

edit:  I manually changed the IP on br0 to the IP I usually use, but it is still unreachable.  (Used ifconfig to do that).  I Can't even get an ARP back.

Is there a way to revert to the previous version via the CLI?

After additional testing, it seems that the bonding module is missing from this build:

IMG_2271.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same problem.

Other reportet it also. It appears after hours of perfectly running, or direct after restart.

Do you have a ryzen?

You should be able to boot in GUI mode and change it (go back to old version) (but i never used GUI mode) - i need to look into this tomorrow also, newest rc is unuseable. (atleast for some)

Edited by nuhll

No, it's not a ryzen.  It's a Xeon processor on a low end ML30 HP server.

I think this may be different.  I rebooted and saw it complaining about a bond module.  Another line mentioned it couldn't find bond0

GUI mode won't work for me.  Once I'm in it, a browser opens up and I can't get to localhost

Edited by Taige

I dont know. If u restart does it work some time? I restartet some hours ago, checked via phone, it worked, went back into my apartment to the pc... and it was down again.. xD

I also dont have ryzen, but some posted similiar issues while having a ryzen.

I have a i3

Updated the original post with a screenshot.  This UnRAID build is missing the bonding module, apparently.  

And since my GUI isn't working for me either, is there a way to revert via the CLI?

Do you have bonding (multiple lan) configured? I just have one NIC and one normal setup. DHCP.

But seems like he cant mount firmware and such things, maybe thats the problem.

I dont know couldnt u just download it and replace the version on the usb stick?

Edited by nuhll

Yes, I do have bonding configured.  I don't want to lose my configuration.  I know via the web interface, you can have it revert.  There should be a CLI equivalent, but I don't know what it is.

sorry i cant help u with that, i just saw on your screen first 2 lines that its missing something from the stick, but maybe this is also related to my error

Oh yea - I missed that I guess.  I'm not much of a linux guy...  I imagine one of the lime tech guys would know what to do.  I think they are based in Europe though, so they are probably already sleeping.

They are not in Europe.

Everything about your configuration is in the config folder on the flash drive. If you make a copy of that config folder, you can prepare the flash as a new install with whichever version and copy your config back to it.

You are right - They are in Anaheim, CA.  I was there like May or June of last year.  Not sure why I thought they were in Europe...  

Anyhow, if there's not an easy CLI based roll back, I'll probably have to do as you suggest.  I'm going to grab some dinner and check back in a bit.  

Edited by Taige

Where is this config folder?  I'm logged into the CLI and there's no config folder in the root.  I found a /boot/config folder, but insider is only an ssh folder...  No other files or folders...

/boot is where your flash drive is mounted, so /boot/config is the config folder I was talking about. There should be a number of files and folders in there. If there aren't then maybe that is your problem. My guess is your flash drive has dropped offline and is not really mounted anymore. Often this is a problem with the USB port. USB2 is more reliable.

You won't be able to work with it from the CLI anyway. I was talking about putting it in your PC to

1 hour ago, trurl said:

make a copy of that config folder, you can prepare the flash as a new install with whichever version and copy your config back to it.

Thank you - I took the USB drive out of the machine (it's mounted internally), copied the /config directory off of it, used the USB creator tool to install a fresh copy on the same USB drive, copied my /config directory back, put it back in the machine, and it booted up just fine.  

I'll wait for a future RC, or perhaps just wait for the release version.  

The message "cannot find device bond0" usually means there is corruption of 'bzmodules' file on the usb flash device, or other issues with the flash device.  I suggest plugging into PC, make backup, then re-install Unraid OS using the Flash Creator Tool - this will reformat the device and re-install.  Then you can restore the 'config' directory contents.

FYI, I updated to rc2 today, and it went fine.  It's up and running fine, so I don't know if there's a difference in rc2 that fixed my issue, or if it was a fluke.