• [6.7.0-rc4] Web Console Stops Working

Taddeusz
    • Retest Annoyance

I've had this happen once before. I will be using the console and it will all of a sudden freeze. I close the console window and try to re-open it but all I get is an empty white window. The console never re-opens. The only thing that seems to fix it is a reboot. I'm using the latest version of Chrome on macOS Mojave.

unraid-diagnostics-20190221-1727.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If by console you mean a terminal window, I also have had this happen on RC4.  Checked logs when it happened but no entries so didn't have any info to share.

Edited by IamSpartacus

I didn’t see anything in my syslog either but it’s important to report it with your full diags. There may be something else in them that indicates the problem.

I had it once on the first day testing the RC4. Same behaviour, webterminal stopped responding, no log entry and a reboot fixed it. Last thing I did before it happenned was using a btrfs command to list my snapshots on an unassigned device and it froze. Sorry no diags. 

same here, no entries in log, just blank screen (about:blank) when trying to open webterminal again.

ssh still working etc ...

only final solution was a reboot.

It doesn't appear in the syslog. I also missed that at least in Chrome it shows in the lower left corner "Waiting for <my Unraid address>...". It just sits. According to DevTools it just has a pending connection to /webterminal.

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 5.04.39 PM.png

36 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

It doesn't appear in the syslog.

But what might appear is whether the process is still running.  This is captured by diags.

12 minutes ago, limetech said:

But what might appear is whether the process is still running.  This is captured by diags.

I did post my diags in my initial post

2 hours ago, limetech said:

You're running zsh?  How are you doing that?

Yes, I am. We've been through this before. I installed it through Nerd Pack.

Seeing that other people are having this issue that likely aren't running zsh I don't understand how this is relevant.

1 hour ago, Taddeusz said:

Seeing that other people are having this issue

What other people?  Something similar was addressed in -rc1, meaning the issue where one couldn't open more than 8 windows.

Your config is relevant to extent that if we can't reproduce an issue, very difficult to solve.  It's helpful if you can somehow make it happen on demand.

That said, I have seen cases where terminal brings up a blank window.  In this case rebooting the client (windows) seemed to solve it, but we will keep an eye on this.

another browser didnt help here tooi checked another browser, typed in manually the webterminal address (the adress fiels stays about:blank

i tried from another mashine, i waited till i was at home and tried also, same ...

all other was still working, ssh through guacamole etc ... just the webterminal.

i tried to find a way to restart web interface but afaik theres no way therefore ...

7 minutes ago, alturismo said:

another browser didnt help here tooi checked another browser, typed in manually the webterminal address (the adress fiels stays about:blank

i tried from another mashine, i waited till i was at home and tried also, same ...

all other was still working, ssh through guacamole etc ... just the webterminal.

i tried to find a way to restart web interface but afaik theres no way therefore ...

Can you provide full diagnostics please.

i did ... happened 3 days ago, i ll next time.

i checked syslog, no entry, i checked cpu loads, seemed fine, i checked ssh, was all good.

thats why i didnt made a diag, next time i will.

The ttyd package as well as libwebsockets that it uses both have updates; however, we will be releasing 6.7.0-rc5 without these updated - will have to wait for next release.

ok, happened again now, i have the webterminal windows open where it "stalled", i opened a new window to see what happens and its the same behavior, about:blank ....

happened in the middle of typing, not even executed anything ...

heres a screenshot and diags attached

image.thumb.png.8b03814e357ea1dde32223995aa6578c.png

now, what to look for or what diags could be helpful, i keep all open for now ...

alsserver-diagnostics-20190225-0609.zip

Edited by alturismo
    diags attached
    11 hours ago, alturismo said:

heres a screenshot and diags attached

Thank you.  Quick question: while in this state, do the CPU load bar graphs still jump around like normal, or are they too 'frozen'?

5 minutes ago, limetech said:

Thank you.  Quick question: while in this state, do the CPU load bar graphs still jump around like normal, or are they too 'frozen'?

On mine the CPU graphs still work.