• [6.7.0-rc5] Dashboard CPU erroneously stuck at 100%

jbartlett
    • Closed Annoyance

I noticed this back on RC3 but since RC5 came out, I updated and waited to see if it happened again. Back on RC3, it happened to CPU 0 which was assigned to UNRAID. Now it's showing up with CPU 14 which is the last core assigned to a Win10 VM. Task manager in Win10 shows no activity. Remoting into the server, htop does not show 100% utilization. I see it updating at the same rate as the other CPUs.

cpu1.png.2845e5cfe63257cdff6f80b45548650d.pngcpu3.png.0e755f2050efaff4db486bc4b4e60021.pngcpu2.png.7fdae589d75381960e314dfa6d358225.png

nas-diagnostics-20190302-0815.zip

• Upvote 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Have a similar problem with my WD black 500Gb. When i try to add it to the cache it gets stuck under the format process and pin one core at 100% until reboot. Seems WD black doesn't  play well with Unraid at this time.

18 minutes ago, Pazoozo said:

Have a similar problem with my WD black 500Gb. When i try to add it to the cache it gets stuck under the format process and pin one core at 100% until reboot. Seems WD black doesn't  play well with Unraid at this time.

This thread is about a very old release candidate. Is that the version you have?

I dont know, the graphs in web interface NEVER were correct for me, it always shjows SOMETHING, but its never nearly that what e.g. htop shows. Still in version 6.8. Since it was first introduced...

2 hours ago, nuhll said:

I dont know, the graphs in web interface NEVER were correct for me, it always shjows SOMETHING, but its never nearly that what e.g. htop shows. Still in version 6.8. Since it was first introduced...

Because calculations are different.  htop doesn't show waiting for IO processes in its bar chart, but the dashboard does.

What does that mean? If htop shows 1% and 5% and unraid always shows above 30 or 90% this cant be real?! For what its waiting when there is "nothing to do"

io wait should be when CPU is waiting for e.g. harddrive? But when its usage is under 1mb/s, there cant be a iotwait 90%, or do i think wrong?

Edited by nuhll

Yeah, ive edited as u posted, i know what it is (more or less). But i dont trust the dashboard, what ever it shows, it does not seem to reflect the CPU Usage. Why you want to display "waiting for IO" in a chart for CPU usage Oo?

Edited by nuhll
    15 minutes ago, nuhll said:

Why you want to display "waiting for IO" in a chart for CPU usage Oo?

Because in this state the CPU can't do anything else.

1 hour ago, nuhll said:

Why you want to display "waiting for IO" in a chart for CPU usage Oo?

It means the CPU is busy waiting for IO. This is the Linux preferred way to show CPU utilization.

There is nothing wrong in the GUI

17 minutes ago, nuhll said:

So that means htop reports are wrong?

No.   Just a different way of looking at it

Just now, Squid said:

No.   Just a different way of looking at it

what about display it like htop and as addition display the iowait as % next to overall load?

In my case, the root cause was a WD Black NVMe 256GB that stopped responding due to the unit overheating. It wasn't an obvious cause for me because the drive was not utilized in any fashion and it was easier to leave it in there than take it out (until this happened).