• [6.7.0 RC5] Stop update Notices - dont work

NewDisplayName
    • Annoyance

Hey, so i wanna update all my dockers and plugins every day, without notice, i just press them away anyway... and if something goes wrong, i have daily backups.

I asked here for support, but i guess, the options i did were correct and it shoudl work that way:

Here are some screenshots, still it comes up.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

35 minutes ago, bonienl said:

To disable notice notifications, go to Settings -> Notification settings and uncheck the entries.

Thanks ill try that.

Still, if i disabled update checking, there should be no notice...^^ (or remove that when it doesnt do anything)

Edited by nuhll

Can you post a screenshot of the actual notification so we can see where it's actually coming from

Based on the archived notifications, it doesn't appear that its from CA update

On 3/29/2019 at 3:19 PM, Squid said:

Can you post a screenshot of the actual notification so we can see where it's actually coming from

Based on the archived notifications, it doesn't appear that its from CA update

Upgraded now to latest RC.

noti.png

noti1.png

It's definitely from unRaid, as nothing I do ever says that an Update is available.  Only thing you'd ever see from me is Update installed  

The strange thing though is the string after the name of the container.

In my tests everything works as expected. I have switched off the plugin and docker update notifications and "notice" level, like in the post above.

This has been running for a week and meanwhile there are new updates for containers and plugins, but no notifications are given, as expected.

All your notifications are sent on 09:30. Please check which process or application is running at this time.

9:00 runs ca backup (its finished around 9:30) - ive set it to update on restart

10:00 runs ca auto update - just to be safe

Maybe its ca backup bug?

CA Backup does not send out notifications regarding updates being available, and I also have never included the [3b05...6453] anywhere in any of the notifications on any plugin.

These are coming from the OS.  Basically what it looks like is happening is that for whatever reason the OS is picking up that an update is available for those apps (because Auto Update is checking to see if an update is available), and it is ignoring the rules on sending out notifications for whatever reason 

Looked at the code, and the issue is a debateable point.

The update checking done by dynamix doesn't check if notifications are enabled or not before sending out the notification..  I'll pop in a PR to change the behavior tonight.

I've never really noticed because all of my containers update with the script.

• Like 1
    5 hours ago, nuhll said:

any "update" on this? :D

*should* be fixed next release, if it's coming from where I think it is.