• [6.7.0-rc7] Dashboard stops working when SMB Active Directory enabled

conduct
    • Minor

Hi all.  I'm running 6.7.0-rc7 and am having issues with the Dashboard.  When I enable SMB with Active Directory, the Dashboard ceases to function (see screenshot).  If I change back to SMB running in a workgroup, it works fine.  Has anyone encountered this before?  It took me quite a while to hunt down exactly what was causing the issue - I've run in safe mode, disabled https/ssl, changed hostnames, etc.  Thanks for your help.

unraid dashboard.JPG

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yes I have seen something very close to this. I disabled smb and dashboard exhibited the same behavior you posted .

Not that it this is the proper solution, but if you enable NFS it enables the dashboard as well.

To summarize, NFS or SMB (workgroup) must be enabled for the desktop to populate properly.

2 hours ago, jonathanm said:

Not that it this is the proper solution, but if you enable NFS it enables the dashboard as well.

To summarize, NFS or SMB (workgroup) must be enabled for the desktop to populate properly.

That was the only work-around I found too.

If anyone is curious what my use case was... my UnRAID server is acting as client only. I disabled SMB, NFS and anything else I didn't need, less things to have to secure.

So I have SMB and NFS enabled and I do not get this behavior under this circumstance. I only have it when I change the display setting to Azure or something else.

Dashboard with bug

635849049_dashboardbug.thumb.PNG.0471a495663b5583b4632081044bfae2.PNG

This is what it should be:Capture.thumb.PNG.96b361457c85ab7e1f21c333dfff7993.PNG

The only way to get it back is to redo the original setup.  

Unraid 6.7.0 rc7

Edited by ximian
    11 hours ago, ximian said:

The only way to get it back is to redo the original setup.  

Unraid 6.7.0 rc7

I did join the active directory a couple of times & when I removed my server from active directory back to workgroup everything goes back to normal.

So I have two unraid servers; one of them is exhibiting the issue above. When I add to AD the dashboard has issues. I remove it from AD and it comes back.  The other is Joined to AD (see image) and the dashboard is not having an issue!??  This is a weird one.

image.thumb.png.0debd2049d1696cd169a68706d4cddb9.png

image.thumb.png.4931c7e4cfdde510ea214bafd9e56fa9.png

Here's a similar bug with the dashboard I got after rebooting on 6.7.0 rc7:

Not sure if it's directly related. Haven't been able to resolve it yet, but haven't tried rebooting again, either. 

image.png