• 6.8.0-rc1 Intel Quad NIC no IP

JasonM
    • Minor

After updating from 6.7.2 to 6.8.0-rc1, Intel PRO/1000 VT Quad Port (EXPI9404VT) fails to get IP address. Server not reachable via static address, and setting to DHCP results in self-assigned IP.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I did see that; however, I did not immediately assume it was related since the NIC is detected by unRAID. With no driver at all, I’d think the card would not be seen at all. In my case, it’s there, seems to be working normally, but doesn’t get an IP. I do have 10g ports also, but haven’t had a chance to try them. 

I'm running Intel 10Gb in my system as well over SFP+ to a 10Gb SFP+ switch, and that's working fine. But, my card is a dual port, where yours is a quad. I think it still could be driver related. Did you try the other ports on the card?

You would have to post your diagnostics.  Should be able to easily get them via the GUI boot mode

Edited by Squid
    59 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

I'm running Intel 10Gb in my system as well over SFP+ to a 10Gb SFP+ switch, and that's working fine. But, my card is a dual port, where yours is a quad. I think it still could be driver related. Did you try the other ports on the card?

I did tray all 4 ports with the same result. The 10g ports (which are onboard) work fine.

59 minutes ago, Squid said:

You would have to post your diagnostics.  Should be able to easily get them via the GUI boot mode

I was hesitant to post diags since there was a *possibility* it was related to the know issue, and I didn't want anyone to waste time digging through them. Y'all have more important things to do. I'm up and running on a 10g port.

Like I said, the only reason I raised the bug report was because the quad card's ports were detected, reported as cable connected, full duplex, etc. So it didn't seem to be a "no driver" issue. At this point, it appears it is indeed related. In case it helps in the dev effort, I'm posting diags here, but please be assured I'm not expecting any specific help or troubleshooting.

unraid-diagnostics-20191013-1701.zip

Thanks. Did that twice already, but I'll give it another shot. The issue may actually be specific to 802.3ad bonding. I tried to bond the two 10g ports and got the same result I was getting with the bonded 1g ports. I'm going to discontinue using 802.3ad for the time being.

1 hour ago, JasonM said:

Y'all

Completely off topic, mods feel free to delete, but I always get a kick out of people who type with a southern accent :) 

• Like 2