• 6.8.0-rc1 - WG VPN - unraid web pages inaccessible

dk4dk4
    • Solved Minor

Hi Team,

I've recently upgraded to 6.8rc1 without issue on my home network.  

I have WireGuard on my main router (not on unraid) and I am able to tunnel into my LAN for remote support (WG on Android client).  However, I am NOT able to load any UnRaid management web pages from my phone while on the WG VPN tunnel.  Though I am able to access all my Docker web pages that are running on unraid no problem while on the same WG tunnel...

I tried /Main, /Dashboard, /Docker, etc. 

I tried Chrome, Firefox, clearing browser history, etc.  

Chrome times out with:

This site can't be reached

<IP> took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I noticed you packaged WG into this release...  I'm sure more people will come to notice this issue.  

I can load the UnRaid pages on my phone while connected via wifi (not on the tunnel, local LAN).

I'm willing to test as well if you come up with a solution or require any troubleshooting!  

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.71611cff2878d48ceee25f0e66340185.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What subnet is your phone on when this happens, and what are the subnets for for the Unraid server and the dockers?  

I think I saw a report of similar symptoms when the remote subnet and the subnet used by Unraid were the same as this resulted in a routing issue.  If this is the case then it is going to need looking into for the most robust solution as the user rarely has any control over the remote subnet.

If course it could be my memory is faulty and your issue is something completely different :)

Edited by itimpi

Sure my unraid host and all Dockers are on:

My WG interface is on:

10.253.0.2 - cell

I don't think it's a routing issue as I mentioned I can hit all the docker sites just not the unraid hosted pages...

Edited by dk4dk4
    clarity

WireGuard is installed with Unraid but not used until it is configured and activated thru the GUI.

I don't see a relation to the problem you are reporting. Or did you configure WG on Unraid as well?

Even so;
    Make sure the unraid IP is in AllowedIPs on the client conf file under the [peer] section.
    If it's not it won't be routed through the tunnel.