• [6.9.0 Beta 29] whole cache drive is public

UnKwicks
    • Minor

Hi

I updated from 6.8.3 to 6.9.0-beta29 the other day. Today I connected via macOS to my unraid system

(Finder -> Connect with server) and can see that my whole cache drive is exported and public read/writeable.

I only configured two shares to be public available but beneath these two shares the whole cache drive shows up (see image attached).

What can I do to solve this?

If this is relevant:

I followed the steps to solve the excessive ssd writes and moved all data from cache to array, erased and formatted my cache and moved all data back from array to ssd.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-07 um 13.27.26.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What do you have for the Disk Shares option under Settings->Global Share Settings (if you had posted the system's diagnostics zip file I could have seen for myself).

If you click on the Shares tab does it show the cache under the Disk Shares?   If so you should be able to set the security level from there.   However whether it should be showing up under the Disk Shares section by default becomes an interesting question.

Can confirm this bug, if disk shares are set to auto pool shares are still exported, never noticed before since I always have disk shares enable.

For now you can go to Settings -> Global Share Settings and set "Enable disk shares" to "No"

Thanks.

Seems like the update enabled the disk share for the cache drive.

I found the disk share scrolling down at shares and set it to private again.