• [6.9.0-beta25] iGpu passthrough not working

francesco995
    • Minor

Hi, 

starting from the first beta of version 6.9.0 i can no longer pass my integrated gpu to a windows10 vm.

the vm shows as started and the screen goes black (it's on the main display so it shows the unraid startup logs first) but no windows 10 logo appears. also the vm is not accessible via remote desktop.

in addition the first core assigned to the vm (i assigned cores 2 and 3) stays at 100% until i have to force stop the vm

i was using i440fx-4.2. with unraid 6.9.0 i also tried Q35 (both old and new versions) and had no luck starting the vm with video output

also attaching diagnostics, the 2 windows vm are the original vm and the clone i tried with Q35

Thank you

storage-00-diagnostics-20200823-1756.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have exact same issue bro feel your pain I’m still in shock from it all. It’s been months now still currently seeking therapy 🤯

Edited by Dava2k7

I to have the same problem over here. I have been able to use Ubuntu perfectly. But when I create a Win10 VM, all I get is a black screen. Tried all sorts of VM configs but no luck passing the iGPU through on my intel i9 9900k. 

Any help on this would be great.

Edited by acozad1

I get it to work if I create a new VM, but at some point it goes black (like a month later maybe).  I don't know why.  Can't figure out how to fix it, then create a new VM from scratch and that works.  Going to log a separate ticket since it sounds different, but thought I'd add my 2c.

Same... I downgraded and decided to wait and try again. Im trying everything but I have the same result. I cant even get it to work with a new VM.