• 6.9.0-beta35 - SAMBA Issues

Darren Cook
    • Urgent

6.9.0-beta35 - SAMBA Issues

Anyone else having issues with SAMBA since upgrading?

root@UNRAID:~# net join -U *REDACTED*

Enter *REDACTED*'s password:

smb_krb5_init_context_common: Krb5 context initialization failed (Included profile file could not

be read)

kerberos_kinit_password_ext: kerberos init context failed (Included profile file could not be read

)

kerberos_kinit_password *REDACTED*@*REDACTED* failed: Included profile file could not be read

smb_krb5_init_context_common: Krb5 context initialization failed (Included profile file could not

be read)

be read)

secrets_domain_info_kerberos_keys: kerberos init context failed (Included profile file could not b

e read)

secrets_store_JoinCtx: secrets_domain_info_password_create(pw) failed for *REDACTED* - NT_STATUS_UNSUC

CESSFUL

libnet_join_joindomain_store_secrets: secrets_store_JoinCtx() failed NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

Failed to join domain: This machine is not currently joined to a domain.

ADS join did not work, falling back to RPC...

be read)

be read)

be read)

be read)

Also about 100000000000 errors in event log

Nov 22 21:34:38 UNRAID winbindd[28140]: gse_context_init: kerberos init context failed (Included profile file could not be read)
    Nov 22 21:34:38 UNRAID winbindd[28138]: [2020/11/22 21:34:38.860320, 0] ../../lib/krb5_wrap/krb5_samba.c:3549(smb_krb5_init_context_common)
    Nov 22 21:34:38 UNRAID winbindd[28138]: smb_krb5_init_context_common: Krb5 context initialization failed (Included profile file could not be read)
    Nov 22 21:34:38 UNRAID winbindd[28138]: [2020/11/22 21:34:38.860356, 0] ../../source3/libads/kerberos.c:139(kerberos_kinit_password_ext)
    Nov 22 21:34:38 UNRAID winbindd[28138]: kerberos_kinit_password_ext: kerberos init context failed (Included profile file could not be read)

it keeps looping these errors in systemlog until what seems like ram is either full and the server dies. or you end samba service in ssh which stops it.

using windows 2019 AD, Tried with two profiles which both have permission to join the domain.

• Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same, I upgraded last night and before the upgrade was joined to ADS (Windows Server 2019) no issue. Now for the life of me I can't get it to rejoin. Tried removing the machine from ADS before rejoining as well. My log looks just like Darren's above btw.

Edit: I tried running the permissions tool thinking that might help and was still unable to join.

Edited by Zorlofe
    • Thanks 1
    22 hours ago, Zorlofe said:

Same, I upgraded last night and before the upgrade was joined to ADS (Windows Server 2019) no issue. Now for the life of me I can't get it to rejoin. Tried removing the machine from ADS before rejoining as well. My log looks just like Darren's above btw.

Edit: I tried running the permissions tool thinking that might help and was still unable to join.

Any luck since? I'm debating going back to stable as I cannot access any of my samba shares which is a nightmare 

No luck unfortunately. I wound up going back to stable as I have to have my shares available over the network.

Edited by Zorlofe

@Darren Cook If you need assistance with downgrading to 6.8.3 feel free to contact me or follow the post that @Zorlofe linked.

Here you can get the files for the stock Unraid 6.8.3 with Nvidia driver (pre built images at the first post at the bottom):

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

Tried that, now having issues that all network connections seem to be down and unable to connect to unraid. thankfully i have a backup of the boot drive from before i tried to go back to the stable version, so hopefully able to restore it. 

What a pain in the ass this has become.

Edit: rolled back to stable. i hope this gets fixed for final release.

Edited by Darren Cook
    update