• [6.9.0-rc2] Docker crashes "Docker Service failed to start."

Pillendreher
    • Minor

Since going from Beta35 to RC2, my Docker service has started crashing irregularly. I have not been able to reproduce it, but this is what I get as an error message when clicking on the Docker tab:

grafik.thumb.png.ceca5566fa93f4adaf22037aa7a3d629.png

Docker Service failed to start.

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 682
    Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 866

Warning: stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to unix:///var/run/docker.sock (Connection refused) in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 682
    Couldn't create socket: [111] Connection refused
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php on line 932
    No Docker containers installed

A restart fixes the issue and Docker is running again.

I've attached a diagnostics file.

tower-diagnostics-20210103-1321.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The diagnostics are after you rebooted.  If it happens again, post a new set of diagnostics before you reboot the system

1 minute ago, Squid said:

The diagnostics are after you rebooted.  If it happens again, post a new set of diagnostics before you reboot the system

Actually they are not. I ran the diagnostics tool right after Docker crashed. I only rebooted afterwards!

I just noticed my Docker page was reporting the same issues. I didn't try to reboot my server and it has been up for nearly 20 days, while it was working fine last night. Going to settings => docker and disabling, then re-enabling didn't work. I couldn't find the `service` command. I don't know if that's a nuance of slackware or unraid or what, but running `/etc/rc.d/rc.docker status` reported it was stopped, then I ran `/etc/rc.d/rc.docker start` and it said it was started. I then ran `/etc/rc.d/rc.docker status` and it reported running. Everything seems to be working fine now. Not really sure what that was about... I attached my diagnostics in case anyone cares to look at it compared to the ones Pillendreher uploaded. If it happens agaiin, I'll probably spend more time looking into it, but for now, I'm good with leaving it at "computers are wierd".

trminator-diagnostics-20210123-1518.zip

I've just experienced the very same issue with Beta35 two days in a row - the Docker service went down while I was at work. Reboot fixed it until the docker service broke again.

On 1/26/2021 at 7:57 PM, trurl said:

Some reason you can't upgrade to rc2?

I went back to Beta 35 to check if the unwanted spin-ups I've experience with RC2 were happening.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:22 PM, bamhm182 said:

running `/etc/rc.d/rc.docker status` reported it was stopped, then I ran `/etc/rc.d/rc.docker start` and it said it was started. I then ran `/etc/rc.d/rc.docker status` and it reported running.

Thank you for this. This gets docker going again without having to restart the whole sever.