• 6.9.0-rc2 GUI Mode Blinking Cursor GT 710

DaveDoesStuff
    • Retest Minor

Hi team,

Upgraded to 6.9.0-rc2 last night after I was forced to look into some issues with a parity drive (unrelated) and decided I was sick of the warnings about the mover tuning plugin being incompatible with stable branch (I'm easily annoyed).

I rely on booting unRaid in GUI mode since I run a pfSense VM and 2 dedicated NICs as my home router via unRaid...and obviously this means if the array is down there is no webUI...hence my need for a working GUI mode on boot.

After upgrading however all I get after going through the boot sequence is a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left instead of the GUI. I've tried various ways of troubleshooting this myself such as:

• Enabling CSM
    • Enabling CSM but allowing UEFI only/first
    • Disabling CSM and forcing UEFI only
    • Reseating my GT 710
    • BIOS defaults and re doing my settings one at a time
    • GUI safe mode (issue persists/no change)

I can boot in normal OS mode (cli) no problem, I was able to work around my pfSense going down by plugging a laptop directly into the unRaid NIC (pfSense NICs are on a seperate card) on the mobo and accessing the webUI but this isn't a practical/long term solution.

Interesting to note that while the "system profiler" tool does not seem to detected the GT 710 that it appears as an option for GPU if I go into the create VM wizard (currently no VM is using the GT 710 so there shouldn't be anything "claiming it" and it has not been isolated in anyway).

2021-02-15 11_37_57-iBstorage_SystemProfiler.png

ibstorage-diagnostics-20210215-1138.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 2/19/2021 at 8:18 PM, DaveDoesStuff said:

This was resolved by installing the Nvidia Driver plugin (and possibly limetechs underlying nvidia driver stuff).

Interesting... I had the same problem.. seems the culprit was the NVIDA driver plugin that I had installed awhile back. Deleted that and now it's back.... hope this helps someone else.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:18 AM, DaveDoesStuff said:

This was resolved by installing the Nvidia Driver plugin (and possibly limetechs underlying nvidia driver stuff).

How did you install the Nvidia Driver plugin without GUI please? Is there something I can do from the CLI if I select normal non GUI mode with a monitor and keyboard attached? Sorry very confused about how unRAID works re video output locally and in headless mode.

I was able to get into the webUI and do it.

However as of the 6.9.1 update this is broken for me again. No combination of installing and re-installing will fix it. So I've simply stopped using GUI mode completely.

• Like 1