• BR0 is not showing up with 6.8.0-rc1 as before

olympia
    • Solved Minor

Following the upgrade I noticed my dockers with custom/fix IP address are not starting up with execution error.

It turned out that the network type has got auto assigned to none and when checked, br0 is not available anymore in the network type.

Was there a change regards to this?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Could someone please confirm that br0 is showing up by default in docker settings/ network type?

I only have "Bridge", "Host" and "None" as choices in the dropdown menu now, while "custom : br0" is not available as in v6.7.2

8 minutes ago, olympia said:

Could someone please confirm that br0 is showing up by default in docker settings/ network type?

Yes, custom networks show up in 6.8.0-RC1.  Both of mine are in the list.  You must have an issue that prevents custom networks from being available.

image.png.c01077c46d3bcced4dffdb015cb6b507.png

Spoke too soon.

While re-applying network settings helps, but after a reboot "custom : br0" disappears until I am re-applying network settings once again.

So I need to re-apply network settings after each reboot for some reason to make custom nw available for dockers.

Do you have an idea why is this? Shall I provide another diags?

@bonienl

@dlandon

OK, I think I've got this figured out and it looks like this is caused by a race condition between detecting custom networks for dockers and the tips & tweak plugin applying "Disable NIC Flow Control" and "Disable NIC Offload".

If I have tips & tweaks on default settings then custom networks are showing up for dockers, if I set the above two options to yes, then customer networks are not detected.

Does this make any sense to you?

14 hours ago, olympia said:

Does this make any sense to you?

Yes.

Tips and tweaks makes changes to the interface, which becomes disabled, causing docker not to see it when it is started and hence the custom network br0 is not created.

Oct 15 11:24:25 Tower kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered disabled state
    Oct 15 11:24:25 Tower tips.and.tweaks: Tweaks Applied
    Oct 15 11:24:33 Tower rc.docker: qbittorrent: Error response from daemon: network 69343f3bce328d98de4c1f7a854261aad7985f52c84c8026adbe8aef3826c91b not found

Edited by bonienl
    14 minutes ago, olympia said:

So I guess this is something for @dlandon  to address in the tips and tweaks plugin?

This can not be solved in the plugin itself, I am afraid (due to how Unraid initiates all steps).

Why do you want to disable flow-control and offload in the first place? Use defaults as much as possible.

I have no hard reason, I was just following the recommendation of a trustworthy plugin author kind of blindly :)

I presume this should be handled somehow (maybe a warning in the plugin could be enough), because I don't think I will be the only one with this issue, especially when 6.8.0 stable gets released.

8 hours ago, olympia said:

Thanks @bonienl!

So I guess this is something for @dlandon  to address in the tips and tweaks plugin?

There is nothing for me to address in the plugin.  You make changes based on your own needs and there is no guarantee that the changes won't cause any problems.

Some people have reported issues with flow control and offloads.  If disabling those doesn't work for you, then leave them enabled.

• Thanks 1