• Cach pool destroyed after update to 6.7.0 RC1

johnvid
    • Retest Urgent

Hello everybody,

So I am one of those who installs updates on his main server and I regret it now. :( and won’t do it ever again.

but my cach pool is broken now. It now says the SSD’s are unassigned devices. 

Tried rolling back to version 6.6.6 but the cach pool is still gone!

Does anyone know if I can fix this without creating a new cach pool and start all-over?

Please help!?!?!?

E961C795-409E-4821-B3C4-0D3E2F90A0B6.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I assume the cache pool was just the SSDs, not the NVMe device which is formatted to xfs?

If yes, and if you haven't yet, start the array one time with no cache devices assigned, then stop the array, re-assign both cache devices and start the array, unless something else happened it will use the old cache pool.

Just tried to install the latest RC5. But again it removes my SSD Cach Pool. It doesn't see my 2 Samsung 850 EVO disks anymore. All other disks are present. Only my 2 SATA SSD's are gone.

With version 6.6.7 there is no problem with my SSD Cach Pool.

Anyone??

Reporting Bugs:

Please only report bugs/issues that are unique to the prerelease.

Important: if possible, please include information that describes how to reproduce the bug/issue.

Please visit Tools/Diagnostics and attach the diagnostics.zip file to your post.

Plugins: A number of issues that can occur on a system could be the result of installed plugins that are not officially supported by Lime Technology.  Issues with plugins should be discussed in their respective forums and not posted here for repair.  If you're using ANY plugins on your system, please reboot in Safe Mode and see if the issue you're having still exists.  If so, post a report, but if not, try adding plugins back one by one until the issue occurs again.  Then report the issue in the relevant plugin thread.

Bare Metal Only: Due to resource constraints we cannot spend any time on issues where unRAID OS is running in a Virtual Machine of any kind.

Excerpt from this "sticky":