• Dashboard response time slows down

itimpi
    • Minor

I have been noticing that when I have just navigated to the new dashboard and then click on a running docker container I get the drop down menu of available actions almost immediately.     However if I have left it on the dashboard for some time then it can take 30 seconds or more to react to such a click.   It is as if there is some background script running that is slowing things down.

I thought it was worth reporting to see if others see similar symptoms or if it is just something local to my system.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is not a new thing. I leave the webgui open in multiple browsers on multiple OS's, and it's been this way since before 6.5. Since my unraid servers are rarely rebooted, I don't get csrf errors from leaving the tabs open, but I've learned to just do a quick F5 before trying to interact with the GUI in any way.

This happens on Windows 7, 8.1, debian, and mint, just to name a few I have actively observed it on. Browser wise, now that I think about it, they are all varieties of firefox. I don't leave chromium open, so can't say it happens there.

Maybe it is a firefox thing.

6 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Maybe it is a firefox thing.

Probably not - I am seeing it in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 Pro.

Maybe I am only noticing it now as the I am more likely to stay on the Dashboard with the new design.   In the past I have tended to stay on the Main tab.

Edited by itimpi

Adding my report here rather than in a new thread. I have been experiencing page load delays in Chrome. I thought it might be an errant extension but have disabled ad blocker and spell checker (Grammarly). I believe it predates the 6.7.0 series but can't recall how far back. I have been using Firefox to access the webUI as 20-second delays between pages (I can see everything but no clicks allowed until it finished loading) are a PIA. 

I fired up Dev Tools today to get some screens of the offenders under Network tab. Looks like "var", DashboardApps.php, & Notify.php are the ones causing the delay on Main. On moving to Settings page, its var & Notify.php again. Some screen grabs from devtools below.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg