• Docker page slow starting with 6.10.0-rc4

Christopher Haws
    • Closed Annoyance

I updated from the release branch to 6.10.0-rc4 recently and have noticed that the docker page is super slow ever since updating. It takes 33 seconds to load:

image.thumb.png.6b7bf2361ff3278e267713bee5bbd282.png

Thanks,

Chris

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Are there a bunch of containers that have the default "?" as an icon?

Starting 6.9, on the first load of the docker / dashboard pages, the icon has to be downloaded.  If due to connection issues this is unable to happen then it will try again next time.  Once the download succeeds then there will not be any delay

• Like 1
    • Upvote 1
    5 hours ago, Squid said:

Are there a bunch of containers that have the default "?" as an icon?

Starting 6.9, on the first load of the docker / dashboard pages, the icon has to be downloaded.  If due to connection issues this is unable to happen then it will try again next time.  Once the download succeeds then there will not be any delay

Thank you so much! I did have some minecraft server docker images that had a logo image url that was no longer valid. I switched them to use a valid url and now the page loads fast again!

It would be super nice if the loading of those images could be made async so that it doesnt block the page from loading. At the very least it would be nice if unraid logged that it couldn't find the images in the syslogs.

Thanks!

Just now, Christopher Haws said:

images could be made async

It's a one-time update to how images are handled introduced 6.9.x.  Once the image is downloaded it never re-downloads it again unless you change the URL

How can I determine which container icon is causing the slowdown due to failed download?

All of the icons seem to load fine and yet I have the exact same issue.

I do have a few containers that have been created outside of Unraid's WebUI and thus have a question mark as symbol. But there's no icon URL there in the first place.

Update: I've added icons via docker label to all of them and still get long loading times

Edited by Spiritreader