• Docker port option missing

Marshalleq
    • Closed

I've noted on the last two 8.4 rc5 and rc4 that docker does not seem to have a field for entering the container port.  This seems to happen on newly downloaded or created docker apps only.

I assume don't need logs for this, but happy to provide if need be.  Note in the screenshot the container port is a description of a container port, not an actual container port.

This makes a new docker impossible to install, unless you don't require any port mapping.  Probably could do it manually.

170809255_ScreenShot2019-11-04at09_00_15.thumb.png.ca7bba9a040e62bb5921b11cfbd5ec5d.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It isn't a host network.  It's a custom network actually.  The host part in the screenshot is just the default naming from the container maker.  It looks confusing because the container port is missing.

So I got back to look at this and I can see quite clearly existing custom networks did have port mapping working.  Presently, if you create a new container in bridge mode first, then convert them to custom networks, the port mapping comes across.

Regarding the above statement that they're not meant to work - it would be obvious that e.g. the letsencrypt container example would require a lot of special routing to work if it did not have the port mapping feature available.  Clearly it is desirable to have port mapping on custom networks.

So I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but either it was always quirky like this, or we lost the capability to create directly in a custom network at some point.  I feel like it's the latter - but could be wrong.

The below shows that my existing proxynet networks have port mapping successfully enabled.

Re-opening this in the hope it will be reconsidered in this context.

Thanks.

1589016116_ScreenShot2019-11-24at08_31_58.thumb.png.853bdfaa39811ff63a959b834c06a96e.png

The only custom networks supported now are macvlan based.

Adding custom bridge networks can be done by CLI, but has no further support in the GUI other then make them selectable.

If you want full support of custom bridge networks, you'll need to raise a feature request.

Edited by bonienl

I think there are very few cases where one needs to edit the container port. I think we might have one container where it's needed to edit the container port. So in my opinion it would be nice to be able to when you are not using the default bridge.

You can work around it by adding a new port mapping. Then you will have access to set the container port. At least on 6.7.2.

The port mappings do work even on custom bridges. It seems to me that you are both misunderstanding each other.

Marshalleq are talking about custom bridge and bonienl are talking about setting a dedicated IP on a custom network?

Edited by saarg
    • Like 1