• dockers get wiped when a change has failed

Goldmaster
    • Annoyance

so i had have installed binhexes krusader docker and i wanted to make a slight change so that the docker thinks the home folder is atcherly the root on unraid. i did this and the command failed. then in my dockers, krusader had gone! dont know why this had happened. im in the process of trying to reinstall the docker as its been sitting here for a while downloading. its very bad that this has happened. yet this is supposed to be "enterprise class" well im not sure why a docker would just go like that on a simple command. im thinking if this cant handle a simple change then what hope do i have storing my stuff. ok it does seam like its just a bug but problems with vms, trying to install dockers that hang on install. makes me all the more unsure if this is ok or whether there's quite a few issues to sort. on paper its ok and works ok but i cant believe a simple change could just break a docker plug-in. i am running the latest beta. so weather that's why if got this issue.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As you said, the command failed.  The container is now orphaned.  Pretty much all you've got to do is go back to Apps, Previous Apps, reinstall Krusader and fix the mistake you made in the paths that caused the error in the first place.  Same thing would happen on any host.

If you are still running a beta, then you should also upgrade to 6.6.2 

Squid is correct on this, and as such I am very thankful for the CA Apps Previously Installed feature.  This is also helpful for when other events cause the dockers to go away.   Keep in mind VM's can do this too, just rebuild it with the same settings, correcting any errors, and point to the same image and its back to normal.   Same with apps/dockers.  Point them to the same AppData folder and its back to normal.