• Failed to allocate memory for kernel command line, bailing out when booting on some Dell computers

JorgeB
    • Minor

There have been various reports of this error when booting Unraid on different Dell models, according to the post below using an updated syslinux helps with this:

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Additionally it appears that the important point from the post that @JorgeB shared is that it takes a recent version of syslinux (likely beta) to make this work. Can we please get a new Windows and macOS boot drive builder that inserts this new version of syslinux so we can more easily test to see if this DOES solve the issue?

There are a lot of us who would be happy to test!

It may be possible to use Rufus to generate a syslinux 6.04 version of the unRAID USB flash drive. Does anyone have experience making Rufus built drives? Do you generate it with normal options and then copy the files onto it? How can you ensure GPT for UEFI boot? Even after I made a GPT USB flash drive with gparted Windows is trying to say it's a MBR partition scheme for the drive I built with linux....

Hello,

I have an older R510 that is having the same issues, I only have access to MAC OS machines. 

Anyone find a way to make this work? I see multiple threads with all conflicting information and one constant is syslinux

Thanks!