• "Hanging" Container Updates

blaine07
    • Minor

I hope this issue goes here since I am on 6.10.0-rc6, I *believe* this issue started on 6.10.0-rc1 but it's been happening so long I can not 100% remember; I have always just figured issue would work itself out. If this does NOT need to be in pre-release area please relocate my thread && I am sorry!

My Issue is more annoyance than an actual Issue:

When I update a container, a LOT of the time the update will start...and I will wait and wait and wait and it will never "finish" on it's own GRAPHICALLY. The container will often actually update without issue but the display of it's progress never changes from below. It used to always show the "download" for container update(s) live as it was happening. Now it'll just start and often "hang" looking like the pic below. Mostly, as long as I wait long enough, before refreshing the browser tab everything is fine. Are there any ideas as to why I can't see the true container update processes like I used to be able to?

153187900_ScreenShot2022-05-06at6_12_19AM.png.77e08182574ddf831dd2d45c8ed7eb8b.png

tower-diagnostics-20220506-0613.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I experience this too, but only on very large containers like Home Assistant.  It may be a side effect of the browser tab losing focus, because I never sit there and actually watch the entire thing go through. 

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

How long before it stops responding?  120 seconds exactly? 

Once I start to update something it takes literal seconds to look like pic above; then I will leave tab in forefront and touch nothing and wait- several minutes and it just won’t change from above. Then sometimes I’ll wait a minute or two and it will just refresh that little pop out and be completed. No update on live progress as it used to do however at all. It just straight changes from start to above; no percentages moving a number at a time like previous. 

Out of curiosity, is there any difference between doing the update from the Docker Tab vs Apps, Installed Apps?  The window methods are different between the two.

7 hours ago, Squid said:

Out of curiosity, is there any difference between doing the update from the Docker Tab vs Apps, Installed Apps?  The window methods are different between the two.

So sorry @Squid just saw your reply. This prompted me to go see what needs to be updated. Ironically it brings about another issue. When I hit "check for updates" from the docker tabs..ALL the containers just sit at "checking" and spin the refresh wheel. Once I refresh the browser tab after waiting a fair bit of time it'll show what actually needs updated. Used to when hitting "check for updates" on docker tab it would process what containers had updates rather quickly. 

I went to "Apps" tab and used Filestash as test exhibit. I went to update it, it popped up this big white screen. It went from SOLID white to the pic I attached. It never "finished" in the GUI. I waited a few minutes, refreshed Unraid Tab and it showed the container had been created 1 minute ago.187854512_ScreenShot2022-05-10at7_56_31PM.thumb.png.2af7d53b9369b908737dd63f07e7f607.png

On a *maybe* related note, when I click "Container Size" on the bottom of the Docker Tab, it loads but never finishes to show me my docker container size/containers size. Could that be related to the other "lag" I am seeing with containers updating and etc?

Docker Setting Page:

1433544883_ScreenShot2022-05-10at8_01_45PM.thumb.png.fc39835ce83c88a07ab1a2be28a9fbc0.png

Edited by blaine07

To add: Also noticed if I go to apps tab, pull up a specific app and update it that way it doesn't seem to translate and show that on the docker tab that I went to Apps tab and updated a app. Docker tab continues to show "Apply Update" Not sure knowing that helps anything either but...