• Hardware Error

alael
    • Urgent

Im often getting those fatal error message in the syslog 

Currently running Version: 6.10.0-rc2 with intel alder lake (12th gen)

Hardware Error]: event severity: fatal
    kernel: [Hardware Error]:  Error 0, type: fatal
    kernel: [Hardware Error]:   section_type: Firmware Error Record Reference
    kernel: [Hardware Error]:   Firmware Error Record Type: SOC Firmware Error Record Type2
    kernel: [Hardware Error]:   Revision: 2
    kernel: [Hardware Error]:   Record Identifier: 8f87f311-c998-4d9e-a0c4-6065518c4f6d

diagnostics-20211204-1011.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

15 minutes ago, alael said:

yes its in that diagnostic

No it's not.

But that by itself is also a clue.  It *appears* to be related to the firmware upgrades which Intel supplies.  If it's not causing any issues, then don't worry about it  Just make sure that when RC3 drops (or stable) that you upgrade.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

No it's not.

But that by itself is also a clue.  It *appears* to be related to the firmware upgrades which Intel supplies.  If it's not causing any issues, then don't worry about it  Just make sure that when RC3 drops (or stable) that you upgrade.

Ye ifgure out it was a microcode bug but kidna scary sometime the VM and the server does crash rarely i fear it might be related to the very bad gigabyte z690 bios and those problem

On 12/4/2021 at 10:26 AM, alael said:

Ye ifgure out it was a microcode bug but kidna scary sometime the VM and the server does crash rarely i fear it might be related to the very bad gigabyte z690 bios and those problem

Running into the same message in my logs while booting.  I have some significant instability, but it is possibly appearing to be RAM/motherboard related (either incompatibility or memory error... but MemTest can't seem to find anything with 8 passes...).  UnRaid 6.10-rc2, Asus Prime Z690-P D4, i5-12600k, 2 kits of 2x16GB G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GTZR, latest BIOS (0605).  Ever have any luck figuring it out?

Same problem and my server freezes every 12-24h and I have to long push the button to stop and restart. 

Initially I thought that the record identifier section is unique but after I saw this post, I can confirm it's the same UUID value for me too.

I've got a 12700k and asus prime z690m, 32GB RAM ballistix; I'm a bit worried every restart will mess up my disks little by little.

Just started getting this same error in the logs within the last 48hrs, I know this as I'm regularly checking the logs for errors after rebooting while testing out syslinux edits and the likes for VMs that are not working.

I've also attached my diagnostics logs which indeed have the error recorded also.

Should I be worried

Untitled 1.png

wacko-unraid-diagnostics-20230209-2102.zip

Edited by wacko37
    12 hours ago, wacko37 said:

Just started getting this same error in the logs within the last 48hrs, I know this as I'm regularly checking the logs for errors after rebooting while testing out syslinux edits and the likes for VMs that are not working.

I've also attached my diagnostics logs which indeed have the error recorded also.

Should I be worried

Untitled 1.png

wacko-unraid-diagnostics-20230209-2102.zip

Interesting I am getting something similar of recent.

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: Btrfs loaded, crc32c=crc32c-generic, zoned=no, fsverity=no

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: BERT: Error records from previous boot:

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: event severity: fatal

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: Error 0, type: fatal

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: section_type: Firmware Error Record Reference

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: Firmware Error Record Type: SOC Firmware Error Record Type2

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: Revision: 2

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: Record Identifier: 8f87f311-c998-4d9e-a0c4-6065518c4f6d

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: 00000000: 17037101 0000000a 00000000 00000000 .q..............

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: 00000010: 00000000 00000000 00000000 deadbeef ................

Feb 9 00:51:50 Blackbeard kernel: [Hardware Error]: 00000020: deadbeef deadbeef ........