• If i use 2. NIC, dockers wont have internet

NewDisplayName
    • Closed

So ive installed a second nic, which is directly connected to my main pc (10gbits).

Both nics seem to work fine.

But when i enable the 2. nic (10gbits) all my dockers and plugins loose connectifity to the internet.

I dont know why. Ive disabled bridge for NIC 2.

I guess it has to do with the rules here (i didnt changed a thing, all unraid standard), can someone point out what to change to get it working? Or is it a bug?

routing table.png

eth0 should have 192.168.86.2

eth1 should have 192.168.1.3

unraid-server-diagnostics-20191208-1411.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I dont want any traffic over eth1 (at this point) and the default gateway (for eth1) is also (currently) not reachable.

So could i just remove that line?

Edited by nuhll

Ive clicked port down on the networks settings. this removed the first line and dockers/plugins can reach internet again.

Then i clicked port up, no new line came up, and all is working (even eth1, i can transfer files over 10gbits to the server).

Problem is now how to get wireguard working again?

1.png

15 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Please close. This is not a bug but a configuration error.

Remove the gateway definition of eth1.

???

If i didnt configured anything, it cant be a configuration error.

Unraid do this route on its own and after each restart (!!!)

I also cant delete it (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) if i click trash symbol, nothing happens (it says in log it deleted it, but it didnt!) 

Only chance to get rid of it is to click port down (it disapears) and port up (it wont come back (???))

Unraid doesn't do anything on its own.

Don't use DHCP and set a static address, this will avoid Unraid learning the default gateway from your router.

Again, im feeling you just want to bully me, instead of helping.

Please face the truth, unraid does many things on its own, ofc, thats what its build for!

1. unraid does these routes on its own

2. i never used DHCP nor do i have a switch or router on eth1

3. unraid didnt learned anything from my router, because there is no router or switch

The solution is not to put a gateway in the static IP configuration for NIC2. A gateway implies that there's a way to the rest of the world from that network, and is what's causing the confusion. Here's an example:

1303002343_ScreenShot2019-12-11at6_36_31AM.png.076dd359ecee4d7d54fc5dd80538c749.png

I suspect folks would prefer that you post in the community forums before filing a bug report.

Im a consumer, i upgraded unraid and added a nic and found that something isnt working. I thought it has to do with the upgrade.

It would be nice if it could be moved, if it isnt a bug.

But still i wonder where that route came from, in my network settings there is no default gateway set for eth1 (like on your picture)

Only thing i can imageing... on my windows 10 (the other end of the 10gbits (eth1) i needed to set a default gateway in the first process, then i can edit and remove gateway. Maybe it got it from there?

for now everything works (dockers can access internet and even wireguard is working again). But i just will know for sure when i restart the server. (i want it so that it can reboot on its own, without me doing anything)

Ill report back.

Edited by nuhll

Weird - there's definitely a gateway defined in the config you posted...

DESCRIPTION[1]="LAN2"
    PROTOCOL[1]="ipv4"
    USE_DHCP[1]="no"
    IPADDR[1]="192.168.1.3"
    NETMASK[1]="255.255.0.0"
    GATEWAY[1]="192.168.1.254"

I'm a Linux expert, but don't know a lot of how unRaid works. Hopefully everything works out for you.

1 hour ago, nuhll said:

Again, im feeling you just want to bully me, instead of helping.

I am helping you, but you don't seem to understand what I am proposing.

I use multiple interfaces on my system and docker containers are connected to different networks. This is working 100% correct, that's why I point you to a configuration mistake at your end and this is not a bug related to Unraid 6.8

GATEWAY[1]="192.168.1.254"

Remove the default gateway setting for eth1

Edited by bonienl
    6 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I am helping you, but you don't seem to understand what I am proposing.

I use multiple interfaces on my system and docker containers are connected to different networks. This is working 100% correct, that's why I point you to a configuration mistake at your end and this is not a bug related to Unraid 6.8

rustbucked explained it in his first post.

The rule might come if you add a gateway.

Since im not native english speaking i cant read between lines, or atleast worser.

If you suspect a setting is fault, then just tell me which one (or which i should check) and we can fix it together.

Edited by nuhll
    1 hour ago, nuhll said:

Im a consumer, i upgraded unraid and added a nic and found that something isnt working. I thought it has to do with the upgrade.

It would be nice if it could be moved, if it isnt a bug.

A general word of advice here.

If you are not sure something is a bug, post under general support first to ask for help. When it turns out to be a bug, then a report can be made and further investigation/action can be done.

14 minutes ago, nuhll said:

If you suspect a setting is fault, then just tell me which one

In my first answer

6 hours ago, bonienl said:

Remove the gateway definition of eth1.

Seems like we missunderstood, sorry.

It doesnt matter, limetech will ban me anyway.

He called me teenager in PM, lol.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by nuhll