• Kernel panic 6.9.0 Beta 1

bunkermagnus
    • Retest

UnRAID noob as I am I am still just one week into my trial period. I have been working to transfer all my data and setup backup and media solutions with dockers. The system has been rock solid for the whole week but just now, when I am nearly done with the dockers that I need I had an unexpected kernel panic. I couldn't resist upgrading to the 6-9-0 Beta 1 but I suppose I'll downgrade to the stable version again to make sure it's not my hardware that's at fault.

My rig is a brand new Ryzen 5 3600 + Aorus x570 Elite build with 16 Gb or corsair RAM with a bunch of WD Red 3Tb disks and a Samsung 970 plus 512 Gb NVMe M.2 drive as cache. I have no VMs installed, just a bunch of docker containers and what seem to be the most common plugins.

I'm attaching the diagnostics below and I took a photo of my consoles "last breath".

KP_20200606.jpg

sauron-diagnostics-20200606-1230.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thank you for your reply. For now I have stepped back to stable release as I really don't need the beta release for anything else than to be able to see the CPU temp. Over the last week with beta release I have seen that my Ryzen 5 3600 never goes over 75C so I feel comfortable to let BIOS handle fans from here.

If the problem persists, I will probably setup the syslog and /or start replacing out hardware parts like RAM or PSU.

Thank you!

I have got this 2 times now in short time with same type of kernel panic.
    I think it may have something to do with UnAssigned Devices "Mount Remote SMB" share as it started to happen when I had mounted my other NAS with music files.
    I will try to unmount and see if it gets more stable...

Running on Intel i7-2600K, 8GB RAM, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IV EXTREME MB, ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1050TI-O4G-GAMING GPU.

Dan Lundqvist
    Stockholm, Sweden

20200612_200317.jpg

Hi Dan, I switched back to 6.8.3 after my Kernel panic and haven't had any crashes since then.

For what it's worth, I did not use any remote SMB shares through unassigned devices.

1 hour ago, Dazog said:

Id wait for next 6.9 beta or RC release and re-test.

Newer builds are on at least kernel 5.6

Do we know an ETA for the next beta?

I tried to temporary switch off the remote smb share to see if it eases the up the time before crash så I could wait out the next beta.

Last two crashes happened 2 days in a row...

Best regards

Dan Lundqvist

Stockholm, Sweden