• Minor Visual Issues

mau471
    • Closed Minor

I am having two minor visual issues.

The first has been around since 6.7.2 maybe 6.7.1 but definitely was correct in 6.7.0. When the "Display array utilization indicator" is turned on it sits above everything like the Z-index is incorrect.

The second issue is when loading the dashboard the docker containers box has a very large gap where a third column of icons could be. 

I am running the Gray theme.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 11.28.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 12.08.02 PM.png

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The Docker Container one looks like you have just slightly too little space for the third column. Mine does that if I drop from full screen window to 90% width... 

Try F11 full screen to see if it switches? Assuming you are running maximized already.

If I colapse down further it drops the right hand column (Array Drive List) and gives me the three docker columns again

Edited by Arbadacarba

If I go full screen the columns don't adjust in size, it just adds more dead space to the outside edges of the page. The columns used to dynamically resize (I am 99% sure) with the window but at least for me on 6.8 the only change that happens is the number of columns, not any changes to column width or layout within a particular section.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 1.39.32 PM.png

Just to update, if I load the dashboard directly on my laptop  the page displays fine, but as soon as I connect to the external display is when the issue occurs. Desktop monitor is an LG Ultrafine 4k display. I am able to duplicate this on both Safari and Chrome. 

Here's what I'm seeing, On a 4k Dislplay at 200% Scaling:

Full Screen

image.thumb.png.34f0022ad0d59d5a39d074ac46808ab9.png

Slightly Smaller:

image.thumb.png.a37e988a1b1728d808d6b28a122626a9.png

Smaller Again:

image.thumb.png.1d974ee5d4492e0a5a94407f066aa812.png

And Finally:

image.thumb.png.9b40d2c18a597082a3ad30aa4088686f.png

At this point it stops dynamically scalling and starts scrolling.

On my secondary monitor I get different results because the scaling is 150% so I can go wider:

image.thumb.png.a9631c6af38860855239081b37c043a0.png

Same results, it just starts with larger borders that collapse first.

I am running the default 2x scaling for macOS and on that particular monitor an effective resolution of 2048x1152.

Your slightly smaller and smaller again screen shots are essentially what I am getting, significant blank space where an additional column of docker icons could go on the right. I assume the reason I am not getting the same full screen results as you is that I am running the Gray theme where the navigation icons are down the lefthand side instead of across the top so it squeezes the view a bit side to side. 

That would do it. I lose the third row if I am windowed filling the whole screen as opposed to actually full screen. The 4 pixels of border are enough to mess with it.

4 hours ago, mau471 said:

it just adds more dead space to the outside edges of the page

1 hour ago, mau471 said:

effective resolution of 2048x1152.

You might want to consider installing the Unlimited Width plugin from Apps.  The webGUI has an artificial maximum width of 1920px (never could quite figure out why), and the plugin removes that limitation.

• Like 1

+1 for me and I'm on box standard 1920x1080 so the unlimited width plugin doesn't help.

My current workaround is to use Firefox zoom function to 96%. That's the highest magnification that would allow 3 columns.

Edited by testdasi
    • Like 1