• Multiple Docker Update - output oddity

dalben
    • Solved Annoyance

When there are multiple dockers to update, the first status message for each docker being updated writes to the very first line of the status window.  

dockerupdate.png.bb40d97d396b856fb3cbbc2ad7cdc3c8.png

If it helps I'm on Windows 10 and using Chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just did a multi container update and all is working fine for me (Windows 10 + Chrome).

Do you have some plugin installed in Chrome which may interfere?

An ad blocker, lastpass, transmission monitor and nzbget minor. Need to check if there is anything else.

But pretty sure this wasn't showing in earlier releases. Over the weekend I can load up a 6.7x and check. 

I would recommend disabling any ad blockers when accessing the unraid web interface.  I have had problems in the past with this.

7 minutes ago, WizADSL said:

I would recommend disabling any ad blockers when accessing the unraid web interface.  I have had problems in the past with this.

I don't use an adblocker these days.  PiHole has eliminated the need for that

On 11/6/2019 at 10:22 PM, bonienl said:

Just did a multi container update and all is working fine for me (Windows 10 + Chrome).

Do you have some plugin installed in Chrome which may interfere?

I've stripped down my plugins to LastPass, nzbget-chrome and Transmission easy client.  Still happens.  Next time I have a multi-update I'll disable one at a time.  

It's a non-issue, and is a by-product of how dockerMan (nothing to do with any browser addons, etc) renders the output (namely that anything that has the same image ID gets rendered onto the same line).  In this case, the "ID" is "latest", and since it already exists the system appends to the existing line.

You will also on occasion see one container basically stop doing any updates, but if you scroll up you will see that another download is happening on a container that has already downloaded is having a line downloading again.

A visual issue only, and you'd have to be sharp-eyed to even notice it in the first place.

(And you will quite easily (if you look very closely) see this if you delete your docker.img file and reinstall via CA your apps)

Edited by Squid

Thanks for the explanation.

Yes, it's a non-issue and has no impact on the functionality of anything.  But it's an oddity so IMHO worth highlighting to limetech in case they had nothing else to do and felt like looking into it.

This used to happen to me until I updated to 67.0 or so, now it just shows an empty window until all docker containers have updated, before outputting all the text at once.

Haven't tried updating to 6.8.0 yet, but since I recognized this issue, I figured I might as well add my 2 cents.