• Network reconfiguration page kills network

Marshalleq
    • Annoyance

Obviously I understand how possibly it might be required to reboot Unraid after a network reconfig, even if it is linux.  However, what I don't think is right is that all network traffic is lost on a headless system after reconfiguring it to the point that I can't even reboot it without heading off to where the headless system is and pressing the power button.  Even with multiple network cards where more than one has not changed, I cannot connect vi a browser, ssh or anything.  In fact ping is lost across all interfaces.  This isn't specific to this beta, but in my opinion should be fixed.  One of two scenarios should happen:

1 - The network interfaces are changed requiring a reboot, but not changes happen until the reboot

2 - The network interfaces are changed not requiring a reboot and all changes happen without the reboot.

This should be a piece of cake with linux!

Thanks for reading. :D

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Don't see anything wrong.

Changing interface settings doesn't require a reboot.

Changing the management interface and doing it wrong will break the connection.

Changing the interface assignments does require a reboot

I recommend you open a topic under General Support and explain what you try to achieve with your set up.

People can give you help and recommendations there first before opening bug reports here.

Edited by bonienl

The things causing this were not done wrong. A reboot brought them up as configured and worked correctly. I’ll hunt for some examples when I’m back. 

Because on a headless computer, I'd lose access the second I applied the changes. I'll have to go back to it and advise step by step - perhaps there is something unique about my system.

I believe what bonienl is trying to say is in your network change something is mis-configured.

Also he has develop a lot of the networking for unraid ( i believe) so he/she knows  what it takes to break it