• Not all dockers starting after restart

NewDisplayName
    • Closed Minor

Hi,

i noticed it with the newest RC 6.5.2. RC1 after the restart it startet all dockers, except 3 (or 4?) in the middle.

I could start them manually and i didnt found an issue in syslog (he tells he startet the dockers correct).

Didnt startet was: 

Storj

Storj1

Storj2

Storj3

(or also 4, i dont remember)

all other dockers/ 1 vm startet just fine.

Log is attached.

edit: changed it to correct diagnostic

unraid-server-diagnostics-20180504-2033.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

root@Unraid-Server:~# cat /var/lib/docker/unraid-autostart
    duplicati
    DDclient
    pihole
    SteamCache-DNS
    SteamCache
    SteamCacheSnipproxy
    mariadb
    nextcloud
    radarr
    Sonarr
    heimdall
    hydra
    JDownloader2
    nzbget
    PlexMediaServer
    plexrequests
    Xeoma
    Storj
    Storj1
    Storj2
    Storj3
    Storj4
    Storj5
    Storj6
    Storj7
    Storj8
    Storj9
    Storj10

Edited by nuhll

You are using the "CA Docker Autostart Manager" to start the containers, not the standard unRAID startup sequence.

No, i had it, but i removed it.

edit:

doubelchecked it, plugin is not installed and it doesnt show up under dockers.

Edited by nuhll

Your syslog tells otherwise

Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: +==============================================================================
    Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: | Installing new package /boot/config/plugins/ca.docker.autostart/ca.docker.autostart-2018.03.22-x86_64-1.txz
    Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: +==============================================================================
    Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: 
    Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: Verifying package ca.docker.autostart-2018.03.22-x86_64-1.txz.
    Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: Installing package ca.docker.autostart-2018.03.22-x86_64-1.txz:
    Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
    Apr 30 13:27:36 Unraid-Server root: Package ca.docker.autostart-2018.03.22-x86_64-1.txz installed.

Please reboot your system and make fresh diagnostics.

Same thing happened to me @bonienl with MariaDB, and I don't use autostart manager at all.   I'll post diags later.

And, autostart manager happens after emhttp does its starts and if the container is listed in the dynamix autostart file, then dynamix starts it.

The log shows all containers as succesfully started with docker attaching them to the network interface.

Are it always the same containers not starting or is this random?

It startet to happen first after i installed the autostart plugin. (but like i said, i removed it)

Edited by nuhll

Since I didn't have my diags from when this happened to me, and I'm unable to replicate my one-off issue under any circumstance I've thrown at it, I've got to tear apart yours:

Right here:

8 minutes ago, nuhll said:

today were 20+ updates to docker, again 4 docker didnt start.

is a key.

Your storj containers did start with the array.  (And this is the point at which @bonienl and @limetech will stop caring, and I will start ?

The update plugin stopped them

May  5 11:02:12 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Stopping Storj2
    May  5 11:03:54 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Stopping Storj7
    May  5 11:04:14 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Stopping Storj8
    May  5 11:04:34 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Stopping Storj9

Ran the updates

May  5 11:05:14 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Installing Updates for heimdall hydra mariadb nextcloud nzbget plexrequests radarr Storj Storj1 Storj2 Storj3 Storj4 Storj5 Storj6 Storj7 Storj8 Storj9 Storj10

And then restarted them

May  5 11:12:15 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Restarting Storj2
    May  5 11:12:17 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Restarting Storj7
    May  5 11:12:18 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Restarting Storj8
    May  5 11:12:19 Unraid-Server Docker Auto Update: Restarting Storj9

So far as I can tell they did start up successfully.

Additionally, I find it strange that docker.txt in the diags has a file length of zero bytes.  Never really seen that before if docker is running.

Yes, i know it looks like everything is working, thats why i post here. There seem to be a bug somewhere.

If you dont refresh the ui, it also looks like all dockers are running, but when u refresh, u see them red.. 

It should not be anything about the auto update, because it also happend after restart, without any update involved. (but different dockers)

Edited by nuhll

Then you should check the logs of the containers in question and see if they've exited for some reason.  Best I can say right now is that after the start of the array, they were running properly, because the autoupdate only stops a container that is running.

I guess i can only see them when i dont restart the docker and first look into log, or is there a other way?

But if its a problem with the dockers itself, why are it always others (atleast some) shouldnt it be always the same dockers, if there would be a problem with them?

Maybe there is a race condition with the storj* containers, do they all share the same appdata (or another) volume folder mapping?

all the same share, but different directorys like

/storj  /storj

/storj  /storj1

/storj  /storj2

while /storj/ is the share

and so on

Hey nuhll, I think the issue was the docker config from Jcloud. If you are using the non monitor version of storj, these dockers were always behaving erratically for me. The monitor version which was the one he created later works as expected for me.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:42 AM, MrChunky said:

Hey nuhll, I think the issue was the docker config from Jcloud. If you are using the non monitor version of storj, these dockers were always behaving erratically for me. The monitor version which was the one he created later works as expected for me.

I dont know. I use the same repo since start.

Since i added the restart cmd, it seems to work tho.