• Parity Summary incorrect after pause

dalben
    • Annoyance

My monthly Parity Check kicked off in the wee hours this morning.  At around 6am I needed to pause it for about 5 mins then resumed.  I noticed the stats at the end of the parity check display as if the check only started when I resumed, not from the start.

parity.png.34f9008df7787d2333bbf55d95fc3187.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This has been the case ever since the pause feature was introduced.  

Not a fix, but if you have the Parity Check Tuning plugin installed it ‘patches’ the history entry to give the correct details for the whole of the run (as well as providing some other features you may find useful).   Having said that I perhaps need to check that this is always the case when manual pause/resumes have been done rather than automated ones.  I think it is handled properly but I am not 100% sure.

Edited by itimpi

Ah, ok, thanks.  I'll have a look at the plugin as if it allows me to stop selected services and docker containers when doing the parity check it might be handy.

Thanks

1 hour ago, dalben said:

I'll have a look at the plugin as if it allows me to stop selected services and docker containers when doing the parity check it might be handy.

I am afraid stopping/starting services is not part of the plugin as its primary purpose was just to avoid parity checks hitting system performance during prime time.   It seemed a step too far at the moment and rather difficult to implement in a generalized fashion.

What I have been thinking of adding is an ability to run custom scripts on parity check start/resume and pause/end.  If I get this in place so you can do your own stop/starts is this likely to be of use?

7 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I am afraid stopping/starting services is not part of the plugin as its primary purpose was just to avoid parity checks hitting system performance during prime time.   It seemed a step too far at the moment and rather difficult to implement in a generalized fashion.

What I have been thinking of adding is an ability to run custom scripts on parity check start/resume and pause/end.  If I get this in place so you can do your own stop/starts is this likely to be of use?

Yes, though my scripting skills aren't great but the ability to shutdown dockers and plugins before a parity check would be handy.  Though I'm assuming doing so would speed up the parity check.

1 minute ago, dalben said:

Yes, though my scripting skills aren't great but the ability to shutdown dockers and plugins before a parity check would be handy.  Though I'm assuming doing so would speed up the parity check.

I suspect for most people this is not a major criteria as performance heavy options are probably mainly running from the cache drive which is not affected by the parity check.   There is also the fact that using the plugin to only have parity checks running increments outside prime time the parity check speed may be less critical.