• [RC4] App tab freezes when the browser is in Chinese language(not even auto translating)

Elvin
    • Solved

Strange issue. 

When the array is stopped, the App page loads just fine. 

But when I nagivate to App page with the array started with docker enabled. The whole page goes to completely frozen in a few seconds, can't click anything, even browser won't response to mouse right click. Only thing I can do is closing this tab in browser and even that takes 1-2 extra seconds - comparing to closing other tabs.

Basically this makes the CA not available to my unraid instance.

I enabled debug mode and attached a log file, not sure if its helpful.

Besides, I also noticed many(not all) containers reports have updates available but actually there isn't. Clicking install will only re-install them. Yet they will still show updates available after applying 'updates'. Not sure if these issues are connected.

CA-Logging-20220321-1730.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can confirm this. The page does not load on my desktop using FF. After a couple of seconds FF throws "This page is slowing down FIrefox. To speed up your browser, stop this page" and if I click stop, the apps drop in but obviously I can't interact with the tab anymore. Running FF 98.0.1..570150754_2022-03-2110_26_20-Tower_AppsMozillaFirefox.thumb.jpg.caa76a6ef75609b21abc1d8128e2cdb2.jpg

It does however work with brave desktop and with FF mobile.

I went from RC2 to RC4. No issues before.

Edited by Ver7o
    3 minutes ago, Ver7o said:

The page does not load on my desktop using FF.

Tested with FF 98.0.1 and working fine here.

I can tell you that CA never finished what it was doing in that debug log.  But, there is no issues here with Firefox (even on a 10 year old laptop running the OS in a test dev with the FF from GUI mode)

Just stopped the array to try out if apps tab would load. It didn't. Starting the array resulted in "stale configuration" :D

Going back to RC2. This is a bit too much, even on a monday. :D

1 minute ago, Ver7o said:

Just stopped the array to try out if apps tab would load. It didn't. Starting the array resulted in "stale configuration" :D

Going back to RC2. This is a bit too much, even on a monday. :D

Pretty sure it is something with your FF configuration.

3 hours ago, Ver7o said:

Can confirm this. The page does not load on my desktop using FF. After a couple of seconds FF throws "This page is slowing down FIrefox. To speed up your browser, stop this page" and if I click stop, the apps drop in but obviously I can't interact with the tab anymore. Running FF 98.0.1..570150754_2022-03-2110_26_20-Tower_AppsMozillaFirefox.thumb.jpg.caa76a6ef75609b21abc1d8128e2cdb2.jpg

Same here. RC2 was fine, this issue starts with RC3

RC4 was tested against latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Brave.

All these browsers work fine as tested. Please make sure you do not have any add-ons or other utilities installed which may interfere with the browser.

You should also test in safe mode to exclude any plugins interfering.

58 minutes ago, bonienl said:

RC4 was tested against latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Brave.

All these browsers work fine as tested. Please make sure you do not have any add-ons or other utilities installed which may interfere with the browser.

You should also test in safe mode to exclude any plugins interfering.

Yeah I was meant to say this is certainly not a browser compatibility issue, otherwise it wouldn't have worked with array stopped.

Just tried setting safemode to default in Syslinux config and reboot, it caused both of my onboard i211 and pcie RTL8125 not connecting, not sure what happened. Need to try with a kb and monitor tomorrow when I can have physical access to the box.

Meanwhile tried to remove some random plugins, no luck so far.

16 hours ago, Ver7o said:

OK after removing IPMI plugin the App page works.

Do you mind giving it a try?

1 hour ago, Elvin said:

OK after removing IPMI plugin the App page works.

Do you mind giving it a try?

I got same problem on yesterday, I use Chrome not FF and haven't IPMI plugin, but same problem gone today and nothing have change.
    I notice after access APP page, then same problem occur and Unraid GUI also unreachable, I need close the browser and reopen it then resume GUI access.

Edited by Vr2Io

Oh no it's happening again, so it wasn't IPMI plugin.

I'm starting to wonder if might be more related to docker. Do you have the other issue that many containers reporting false updates?

8 minutes ago, Elvin said:

related to docker

I don't think so, but need more test when problem occur.

8 minutes ago, Elvin said:

Do you have the other issue that many containers reporting false updates?

No update problem but mine just few docker. Do you means plugin ? ( because App page is plugin relate )

Edited by Vr2Io

Now this is getting interesting, I just happened to find out that it works fine on my laptop even my phone. It just freezes on my desktop! No matter what browser I'm using.

I don't see much differences between my desktop and other devices despite those are on wifi, so I tried disable all wired nic on my desktop and switched on wifi, still wouldn't work.

All DNS & Gateway settings are all the same.

Update:

Tried with another laptop, which has never accessed the GUI before, and it freeze too!

Edited by Elvin

OK I think I'm getting somewhere, one common thing across all the devices that I have issue with is they are all running Windows 11.

To verify this, I installed a Win 10 VM and a Win 11 VM both on the very unraid box itself. Win 10 opens the page easliy, but the fresh installed Win 11 still got stuck.

I also tried 3 different linux distro on my desktop(which is having issue with Win 11), all worked fine. 

Can anyone who has the same issue help to verify this? Were it on Windows 11 too?

Edited by Elvin
    21 hours ago, ChatNoir said:

Same, no issue in and out of the App tab. Also on FF.

This was on Win10. Don't have any system on Win11 yet.

You would need a larger sample to confirm, but it seems to agree with your suspicion.

All of my systems are Windows 11, and zero issues with all browsers

1st suggestion - Try with all extensions disabled in the browser

2nd suggestion - delete /config/plugins/community.applications/coomunity.applications.cfg on the flash drive

3rd suggestion - after its stuck right click on the window, select "Inspect"  In the panel that opens select console, and let me know what (if any) errors appear (expand sections as necessary)

4th suggestion - I need to team viewer in to someone's system that has this issue

1 hour ago, Squid said:

All of my systems are Windows 11, and zero issues with all browsers

1st suggestion - Try with all extensions disabled in the browser

2nd suggestion - delete /config/plugins/community.applications/coomunity.applications.cfg on the flash drive

3rd suggestion - after its stuck right click on the window, select "Inspect"  In the panel that opens select console, and let me know what (if any) errors appear (expand sections as necessary)

4th suggestion - I need to team viewer in to someone's system that has this issue

Firstly appreciate for the suggestions.

Below are the feed backs:

#1. Tried, didn't work. I even tried a fresh install Windows 11, goes directly to the page without touching anything, and got stuck.

#2. Just tried. Still no luck. I noticed the community.applications.cfg file didn't regenerate itself, is that normal?

#3. That's not possible, as the browser enters a completely no response state. No response to any mouse clicks at all. Sometimes it gives a prompt "This page is not responding". 

#4. I'm fine to setup a team viewer for you in the fresh installed VM, if that works for you?

I know not all windows 11 has this issue, one of my friend has a nearly identical setup as mine, same Windows 11 desktop / Unraid server, same software and hardware, and he has no issue at all.

But for me, for my particular Unraid box, it seems doesn't like to be viewed from Windows 11, at least that's my testings shows so far.

9 minutes ago, Elvin said:

Firstly appreciate for the suggestions.

Below are the feed backs:

#1. Tried, didn't work. I even tried a fresh install Windows 11, goes directly to the page without touching anything, and got stuck.

#2. Just tried. Still no luck. I noticed the community.applications.cfg file didn't regenerate itself, is that normal?

#3. That's not possible, as the browser enters a completely no response state. No response to any mouse clicks at all. Sometimes it gives a prompt "This page is not responding". 

#4. I'm fine to setup a team viewer for you in the fresh installed VM, if that works for you?

I know not all windows 11 has this issue, one of my friend has a nearly identical setup as mine, same Windows 11 desktop / Unraid server, same software and hardware, and he has no issue at all.

But for me, for my particular Unraid box, it seems doesn't like to be viewed from Windows 11, at least that's my testings shows so far.

regarding the #3 console output, below is what I got from doing this:

Open unraid dashboard, wait for it finish loading, right click - inspect - console, then navigate to App page, wait for it, then got this screenshot.

btw CA versions is: 2022.03.17a 

20220322204758.png

Result checkPlugin community.applications.plg.txt

Edited by Elvin
    1 hour ago, Elvin said:

Drop me a PM with good time etc

For everyone experiencing this issue, what Language is your browser in?  My testing with @Elvin showed that CA is fine with the Chrome etc in English, but when it was set to Chinese (not even automatically translating) CA would crash

I know where its failing when in Chinese, but not quite sure why, but this issue is now at the top of my pile

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

For everyone experiencing this issue, what Language is your browser in?  My testing with @Elvin showed that CA is fine with the Chrome etc in English, but when it was set to Chinese (not even automatically translating) CA would crash

I know where its failing when in Chinese, but not quite sure why, but this issue is now at the top of my pile

Thanks @Squid

Yes this finding is inline with my tests, all tested Windows 11 instances happen to run browsers all in Chinese, and Windows 10 and other linux distros are in English.

I also want to add that I just checked again with my friend, he's running in Chinese with CA 2022 03 17a but not experiencing this issue. 

It fails on my system when in Chinese, so I'll be able to figure out exactly what is changing.  IMO though nothing should actually change since the browser isn't automatically translating the page, but something is different.