• [RC4] Parity/Docker running while disks unmounted?

Fuggin
    • Urgent

RC4.

Had a fun one today. I had a kernel panic last night and was doing a memtest. After testing was complete, I booted and then started the array. My array was spun down when the kernel panic occur, so my intent was to cancel the parity check once the array started. Then this happened (in Firefox):

Parity check, while stopped?

image.png.a9ad15ca91745a4710b4f6f748a9ddd4.png

Disks (supposedly) unmounted, parity running...

unknown.thumb.png.bb6b9cce32b063967ef43443c2f4d115.png

Containers running, but array (supposedly) stopped, while doing a parity check...

image.png.51e527e444e476a740127d4f59e49f62.png

So...before I go any further, I have noticed that rc4 seems to affect browser refresh...when I make changes on the main tab, it just doesn't refresh consistently.

Anyways...I exited the browser and went back into unraid and it was still doing this. I even tried Chrome, same thing.

I ended up having to enter powerdown -r in terminal. Powerdown went smooth then rebooted. Once back in, I went to Tools and restored rc2, rebooted again. System came up just fine. Config was valid, I started the Array and everything was fine.

Attached rc4 diagnostics before I power down the first time.

golem-diagnostics-20220401-1602.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can you recreate in safe mode? There are so many plugins and modifications it's tough to say whether this is Unraid or one of the modifications causing it.

So...before I go any further, I have noticed that rc4 seems to affect browser refresh...when I make changes on the main tab, it just doesn't refresh consistently.

Please start your system in safe mode and retest with rc5.

I will retry in safe mode. Just so you are aware, this didn't occur for several days after the update to rc5. With rc4 it was immediate.

The only plugins/changes I did after the update to rc5 was adding the nvidia driver and gpu statistics plugin.

I was busy at work...so I had rebooted in safe mode and left it. When I got home, it was in safe mode but all my array disks were missing. Cache pools are fine. System devices shows my HBA and the array disks connected to it.

This normal for safe mode?

I am sending more diagnostics as the system is.

golem-diagnostics-20220428-1618.zip