• SMB Connectivity/Crash

Cornflake
    • Minor

Hello,

i am very surprised that i still dont read something about my Problems with SMB in 6.10rc2

i cant be the only one because for me this is not a sporadically issue because it happens everytime.

atm, i am running rc1. but i've tryed to upgrade to rc2 two times and still got the same results.

SMB errors. while copying from multiple different devices to Unraid or downloading via a VM on the machine itself that has Jdownloader running (that downloads directly to the SMB share). It always comes to the same ending, while copying SMB crashes or gets unresponsive and i can only fix it when i kill the SMB client via Console let it restart then it works again for a couple minutes.

i dont have this issue in rc1 or in any other previous versions of Unraid.

i am the only one who experience this kind of error?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I had issues for months with backups on my Macs stopping or getting corrupted and blamed Acronis.  Then I started having problems copying large files to my unraid box from my Mac.  File copies would hang and the SMB share would just disconnect after a short time.  Would reconnect fine, until I started a copy again.  At that point I figured it was a MacOS issue.

I came across the post below from MaxRad about Samba 4.15.0 issues in RC2 and downgraded to RC1.  I don't know exactly what the Samba problem in 4.15.0 is, or if it's Mac specific, but I've not had one SMB issue or drop since downgrading 2 weeks ago.

Edited by WackyWRZ

I have the issue copying any files to all the shares I have setup in Unraid Version: 6.10.0-rc2 if I have the Enhanced macOS interoperability turned on in the SMB settings.

Brand new clean install of 6.10.0-rc2

Copying to the server never completes (according to my Mac) and crashes my finder on Mac OS 12.2.1.

Attached image shows the copy window that never finishes.

The file is copied to the server and can been seen after a relaunch the finder and re connect to the server.

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 14.15.05.png

I'm running into the same problem while trying to transfer files from my MacBook Pro to my Unraid server via SMB, either directly through Finder or using rsync or Carbon Copy Cloner. I am also using 6.10.0-rc2.

When I try to make transfers they eventually slow and then freezes and then my Unraid SMB shares are no longer viewable/connectable from my MacBook. My server remains connectable via ssh and WebGUI.

I restored back to 6.9.2 and all is working again and added the code below to the SMB extras to get the search working, with data01 being the name of the smb share.

Code was copied from Maxrad on this thread.

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/search-of-smb-shares-not-working-macos-client-r1105/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-17409

#unassigned_devices_start
    #Unassigned devices share includes
       include = /tmp/unassigned.devices/smb-settings.conf
    #unassigned_devices_end

[global]
       vfs objects = catia fruit streams_xattr
       fruit:nfs_aces = no
       fruit:zero_file_id = yes
       fruit:metadata = stream
       fruit:encoding = native
       spotlight backend = tracker

[data01]