• (solved) Stability Problems running Boinc RDP

freddy 05
    • Closed

Server is hard crashing after 5 minutes of running Boinc RDP.  Actually this problem alreaddy existed in Unraid Version 6.8.3 but i upgradet to the newer versin (Version 6.9.0 beta 1) to check if it was alreaddy fixed by the devs but it doesent seam to be. So in the mean time i just disable Boinc but i think it issome sort of prcessor recource sharing problem. I hope it is easily fixeable would like to have it working in the near future. Also I will consult the devs of Boinc RDP if the Problem is because of any of theyr docker Software.
    Stay healthy everyone!

tower-diagnostics-20200401-0018.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Probably better to use the Linuxserver version of BOINC rather than BOINC RDP.  The lsio version is better than BOINC RDP and includes the current BOINC client and the manager.  They're both from the same author.

BOINC would lock up my server after 2 hours to 2 days until I discovered that it was a heat issue from Turbo Boost running all 16 cores/threads at 4.6-4.8 GHz.  Temps looked to be high, but in the acceptable range; however, after a while the CPU crashed.  Since I disabled Turbo Boost it has been running for 4+ days non-stop on BOINC without issue.

I doubt your issue is any kind on unRAID bug given how many are using BOINC with no problem.  Switch to the Linuxserver version and see if your problem continues.

Thank you for your help! actually i discovered my problem the same day you wrote this. it had to do with the rdp version after i switched to linuxseerver version everything ran perfectly fine. btw i had the same problem with my ryzen overheating previously ( my cooling system is capable of cooling it) my ryzen cpu wanted 1.4 volt which is definetively to high. now i m running @4ghz @1.27volt or 4.2ghz @1.325 depending on the perfomance i need for some vms. 

serer running 12 days without problem now! hope the unraid community can do something for science by providing so many computers! stay safe eveeryone!