• System hanging (could be hardware failure)

gtroyp
    • Closed

My system is crashing everyday (or close to it). I have been dumping the syslog to flash, and the only two things that look suspicious are spindowns as the last entry before a crash and this close to crashes: 

smbd[29103]: [2020/08/21 16:33:11.252540,  0] ../../lib/param/loadparm.c:415(lp_bool)
    smbd[29103]:   lp_bool(no): value is not boolean!

Not sure if the second thing is related at all. Also not sure if related to beta or not. But, since running beta 25, thought would start here.

Planning on a heart-lung transplant (power supply and CPU cooler) upgrade to rule out overheating (not likely as temps don't get over 50C, but they are hotter than they should be), and power failure (old power supply). Am hoping it is software related though so it can be a quick fix. Next step would be full MB-CPU replacement.....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

probably should have started with a thread in General Support since you admit you don't know if it's related to this beta or not.

I will probably copy this to General Support after we get the syslog and diagnostics since this thread doesn't really conform to Report Guidelines:

1 hour ago, gtroyp said:

Please copy to general support.....

Done. Here is the thread:

Changed Status to Closed, and Locked. Can be reopened if it does appear to be a bug, of course.

Changed Priority to Other

This is now closed for further comments

• Status Definitions

Open = Under consideration.

Solved = The issue has been resolved.

Solved version = The issue has been resolved in the indicated release version.

Closed = Feedback or opinion better posted on our forum for discussion. Also for reports we cannot reproduce or need more information. In this case just add a comment and we will review it again.

Retest = Please retest in latest release.

Priority Definitions

Minor = Something not working correctly.

Urgent = Server crash, data loss, or other showstopper.

Annoyance = Doesn't affect functionality but should be fixed.

Other = Announcement or other non-issue.