• Terminal not working on 6.8.0 RC3 on Firefox

Gragorg
    • Closed Minor

When I open a terminal using Firefox 70.0 I get a blank screen.  The terminal works as normal on Google Chrome 78.  Is this a know issue or is there a solution?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Running Firefox 70.0 and the terminal works with both rc1 and rc3. Suggest you start checking add-ons and setting that block things. 

Seems odd that worked fine on 6.7.2.  The only thing that has been added is wireguard plugin.  So I guess Ill start there.

Found this error in the log.  Any thoughts?

Oct 22 21:44:09 Tower nginx: 2019/10/22 21:44:09 [error] 7440#7440: *177121 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while proxying upgraded connection, client: 192.168.1.3, server: , request: "GET /webterminal/ws HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://unix:/var/run/ttyd.sock:/ws", host: "192.168.1.9"

4 hours ago, Gragorg said:

Do you have any adblocker or antivirus installed? Make sure the GUI is excluded/whitelisted.

Tested with Firefox 69.0.2 and 70.0, both working fine.

Ps. I am using the WireGuard plugin too

Edited by bonienl
    15 hours ago, Gragorg said:

Yes: if you see an issue in syslog, does hardly any good to just post a snippet.  Please post diagnostics.zip.

15 hours ago, bonienl said:

Do you have any adblocker or antivirus installed? Make sure the GUI is excluded/whitelisted.

Tested with Firefox 69.0.2 and 70.0, both working fine.

Ps. I am using the WireGuard plugin too

No adblocker or antivirus running.

1 hour ago, limetech said:

You bring up FF inspect element - and then look at Console tab and see what's going on.

This is what comes up

Blocked http://tower/webterminal/ from extracting canvas data because no user input was detected. 19 webterminal:1:72566

[ttyd] Websocket connection opened webterminal:1:326047

Blocked http://tower/webterminal/ from extracting canvas data because no user input was detected.

I booted into safe mode with no plugins and the terminal still does not work on FF.  Anything else that I can do on my end?  I have tried two different computers running FF and the results the same.  Works fine on Safari and Google Chrome.  I am now running RC4

Edited by Gragorg
    24 minutes ago, Gragorg said:

I booted into safe mode with no plugins and the terminal still does not work on FF.  Anything else that I can do on my end?  I have tried two different computers running FF and the results the same.  Works fine on Safari and Google Chrome.  I am now running RC4

Works fine for me in FF, always has.  Could it be a particular FF add-on or maybe you are using a down-rev or beta version of FF?

47 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

The problem seems to be unique to your installation of Firefox.

Try a new Private Window in Firefox. 

If that doesn't work, create a new blank profile:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-remove-switch-firefox-profiles

Thanks this got it working.  It turns out as I added addons back in I was able to figure it out.  It was Fingerprint Protection on my Private Internet Access addon that breaks it.  For some reason it works fine on 6.7.2 but doesn't play nice with 6.8.  Thanks!