• Unraid 6.0.3-rc1 - New cache drives shows up as shared drives?

casperse
    • Closed

Hi All

After the last update my second cache drive is showing up as a shared drive?

image.thumb.png.1a8ce0c476f00f94b85e0f5c71bba4d7.png

image.thumb.png.361eb213158bd629e66de327ae257bb3.png

image.thumb.png.b1a529f8217aa320e02ef5aec7e30bf1.png

image.thumb.png.54b965e71e5e4c6d0a964d8620cfab83.png

This "share" contains all my cache appdata - so how can I remove it?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If I stop the server. IS there a share conf. file where I can delete the share without having to empty the folder?
    Which I can not do since its my cache drive for my appdata 

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you post your system's diagnostics zip file so we can see exactly what is going on as something else is needed to explain your symptoms.

BTW:  What release of Unraid are you actually running - 6.10.3 is the latest (stable) release.

5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That's normal if disk shares are enabled (Settings -> Global Share Settings).

Disk shares is fine, but this is showing up as a user share!

5 hours ago, itimpi said:

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you post your system's diagnostics zip file so we can see exactly what is going on as something else is needed to explain your symptoms.

BTW:  What release of Unraid are you actually running - 6.10.3 is the latest stable release.

Sorry is still a RC right? did I post it the wrong place?
    image.png.94461813f9cc8b25d612ae8c83987a54.png

I actually just want to remove the user share?

Isn't this possible? (I know you normally have to empty the share) but since this is my secound cache drive I would really just like to remove it quickly (Really don't want my cache drive showing up on the network as a shared folder 🙂)

UPDATE: I went through all my drives (Terminal mc) looking for any reference to a user share folder on ech of my disks with the same name as the cache_drive and deleted them (All was empty) and now I don't have any shared user drive anymore 🙂

I also found that the power was cut during last night so this might have caused this problem?

Anyway I hope that when I do my next reboot that the share doesn't pop up again!

Since User Shares are equivalent to the top level folders on each drive the only way I could see you ending up with a User Share of that name was if you copied somehow created a top level folder with that name.   That was one reason for asking for the diagnostics to confirm if this is what happened.

16 hours ago, casperse said:

Sorry is still a RC right? did I post it the wrong place?

Why use 6.10.3-RC that is older than the 6.10.3 proper ?