• Unraid 6.10.0 RC1 crashes randomly

workermaster
    • Closed

Since upgrading to 6.10.0 RC1, my system has crashed a couple of times. When it happens the whole system is locked up and I have to turn off the power and turn it back on. Or just hold the powerbutton down.

My issue is the same as: 

I do not know what logs need to be enabled or shared to properly report this. Could someone tell me what logs are needed?

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 minutes ago, workermaster said:

Thanks. I have turned the sysloggin on and will post it here after the next crash. 

Don't forget to also post Diagnostics.

Unfortunately there's nothing logged that points to what's causing the crashing, would suggest downgrading to the previous version you were running to confirm if crashing stops and it's not for example hardware related.

21 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Unfortunately there's nothing logged that points to what's causing the crashing, would suggest downgrading to the previous version you were running to confirm if crashing stops and it's not for example hardware related.

I am now running 6.9.2 again. Let's hope that the crashing stops. 

@workermaster

Some other things I noticed in those last diagnostics, maybe unrelated to crash but need attention.

Corrupt docker.img:

Aug 30 12:41:24 Tower kernel: BTRFS warning (device loop2): csum failed root 657 ino 4238 off 466944 csum 0x9024aef9 expected csum 0xf9f3399a mirror 1
    Aug 30 12:41:24 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 25, gen 0

Why do you have 50G docker.img anyway? 20G is usually more than enough. Have you had problems filling it? Making it larger won't help.

Possibly corrupt cache also, since your user shares are broken. These are almost certainly the reason for

2 hours ago, workermaster said:

My dockers have suddenly stopped working. I can stop them but not start them again. If I do then i get "Server error".

The same goes for my virtual machines. I have uploaded the logfiles here. I do not know if this is related to the crashing problems above. 

Or maybe corruption on some other disk, since many of them are very full, and you don't have Minimum Free set for any of your shares or for cache.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

@workermaster

Some other things I noticed in those last diagnostics, maybe unrelated to crash but need attention.

Corrupt docker.img:

Aug 30 12:41:24 Tower kernel: BTRFS warning (device loop2): csum failed root 657 ino 4238 off 466944 csum 0x9024aef9 expected csum 0xf9f3399a mirror 1
    Aug 30 12:41:24 Tower kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 0, corrupt 25, gen 0

Why do you have 50G docker.img anyway? 20G is usually more than enough. Have you had problems filling it? Making it larger won't help.

Possibly corrupt cache also, since your user shares are broken. These are almost certainly the reason for

Or maybe corruption on some other disk, since many of them are very full, and you don't have Minimum Free set for any of your shares or for cache.

Thanks for taking a look at the files. 

The Docker.img is so big because I once deleted it and when creating a new one, I simply did not know what size it should be. So I just guessed and made it 50GB.

I do not know if something became corrupt. A reboot solved the problem and I am now able to start and restart as much as I want. 

I do not have any size limits set for my shares. But I have set a minimal drive free space of 150GB per drive. 

I also got more bad new (well bad for me). I am now running 6.9.2 and it just crashed again. I did notice that the PSU fan started moving the moment it crashed. This made me think that there was something pulling a lot of power at the moment of the crash. My best guess was the CPU. I have a Ryzen 3700X and have now turned off PBO. I also turned off all the Docker containers except for Plex and piHole. The only virtual machine running is the one that I use as a daily driver and gaming VM.

I do not know what to try next if this fails. 

42 minutes ago, trurl said:

@workermaster

Maybe related to your crash: Ryzen CPU

I missed that you send that to me. I will have a look at it if the system crashes again. 

The weird thing is that it has worked for several months earlier this year. The only difference was that at the time I was using a different gpu for the gaming VM and no gpu for Plex transcoding.. 

1 hour ago, workermaster said:

I am now running 6.9.2 and it just crashed again.

Going to close this for now then.

1 hour ago, workermaster said:

I do not have any size limits set for my shares. But I have set a minimal drive free space of 150GB per drive.

I don't understand what you mean there, since neither of those settings exist.

53 minutes ago, trurl said:

I don't understand what you mean there, since neither of those settings exist.

Sorry, my mistake. I meant that each share has a minimum free space of 150GB. 

image.thumb.png.ac684f9e04b5af80e26fa95efdcab852.png

Edited by workermaster