• Unraid 6.7-rc6 unable to stop array.

phbigred
    • Minor

Updated and array did a parity rebuld. Everything appears to be functioning except for being unable to stop my array. Reported as greyed out box with notation "    Stop will take the array off-line.
    Disabled -- BTRFS operation is running" Attaching diagnostics. These issues didn't occur in 6.6.7.

unraid-box-diagnostics-20190330-1703.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This is not a problem but expected behaviour.   The Stop button will be available once the BTRFS operation has completed.   It has always been the case that long running operation did not allow you to stop the array. 

Having said that I cannot see anything in the log that mentions such an operation being started.   Did you trigger this yourself or was it triggered automatically in some way?

Automatically after running for a few hours this popped up and now over the past 24 the button has been greyed out. Trying to understand what is causing it.

Not seeing a reason for that, it appears to be a false warning, reboot by typing reboot on the console.

Rebooted fine though ssh. Waiting for it to show up again. Triggered a parity check though. Any idea which process/task is causing this to trigger? Stinks having to reboot to stop my array to make a disk setting level adjustment. Especially when the btrfs is on one single cache drive and a drive that us in unassigned devices. Thoughts or ideas how to stop this from occuring? This issue is new in 6.7 branch for me.

Edited by phbigred

Food for thought, but not knowing what the issue is as of yet.

I always stop the Parity Check when I do a reboot if there was a glitch to cause the Reboot/Parity Check. I normally have to fix something or I know exactly what caused it. Then I proceed to doing what I need to do and then Start the Parity check.

Do you have Dockers that might be reading/writing to the array that might of got stuck during a shutdown? I've had a problem with Dockers not shutting down and then glitching out my SSD or doing a Database Backup to one of my spinners and when it was forced down my machine came backup with a message saying it wanted to do a Parity Check.

Now I shutdown all my Dockers manually every time to insure they are down before doing a reboot.

2 hours ago, kizer said:

Food for thought, but not knowing what the issue is as of yet.

I always stop the Parity Check when I do a reboot if there was a glitch to cause the Reboot/Parity Check. I normally have to fix something or I know exactly what caused it. Then I proceed to doing what I need to do and then Start the Parity check.

Do you have Dockers that might be reading/writing to the array that might of got stuck during a shutdown? I've had a problem with Dockers not shutting down and then glitching out my SSD or doing a Database Backup to one of my spinners and when it was forced down my machine came backup with a message saying it wanted to do a Parity Check.

Now I shutdown all my Dockers manually every time to insure they are down before doing a reboot.

It's a good point but this is new with the 6.7 branch for me. What you recommend is probably a good standard process to do in general. 

I only mentioned what I mentioned because honestly when I went from 6.6.6 to 6.6.7 I had this issue. Was it an isolated issue? Will it happen again when ever I update? Beats me. I did an update and just assumed it would wake up ready to go from 6.6.6 to 6.6.7. Instead I rebooted into a blown out SSD with all my Dockers messed up and my SSD data being zapped and a system asking me to do a Parity Check.

Luckily I had an SSD backup Unassigned Devices and the App Data backup app to a portable USB drive so the restore process wasn't to bad.

Not trying to scare you or anything, but if you keep having an issue or if its an isolated one might as well try to remove all possible causes until you find it. 🤬